Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Adblue software update

Why not get the DSG mapped as well? I have the TVS driveability upgrade on ours and its amazing.
Had a search on that but found nearest one to me (Bedford) quoted £430. Is that normal cost?
What actual difference does it make?

I've seen 1 or 2 others giving DSG upgrades. I presume that you did a bit of investigating into who does what in terms of being the best.
Any info would be appreciated as some seem to be more aimed at the DSG cars for fast road or race use.

Had a search on that but found nearest one to me (Bedford) quoted £430. Is that normal cost?
What actual difference does it make?

I've seen 1 or 2 others giving DSG upgrades. I presume that you did a bit of investigating into who does what in terms of being the best.
Any info would be appreciated as some seem to be more aimed at the DSG cars for fast road or race use.
There are upgrades for mapped engines, but I went for the TVS DSG drivability upgrade.
Faster pull away without the lag
better gear matching to rpm (not constantly running in 7th)
instant and better reverse
if you turn off coasting, you get better engine braking being in the correct gear for the speed you are travelling in.
No need to floor it to get it to kick down etc.
It has transformed the drive to be honest and how it should have been out if the factory IMO
I had ours done at Bognor Motors.
That’s about the right cost, brochure attached.

Attachments

• Brochure_DQ500.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
There are upgrades for mapped engines, but I went for the TVS DSG drivability upgrade.
if you turn off coasting, you get better engine braking being in the correct gear for the speed you are travelling in.
It has transformed the drive to be honest and how it should have been out if the factory IMO
Thanks.
Seems to address all of the shortcomings that I've experienced. Especially to liking to hold onto 7th gear.
I'll see what they say about matching to the Pendle setup.
Bigger obstacle might be getting it passed on the home front. £100 more than the Pendle remap cost.

I had a look and it talks about optional 1st gear useage ?. What does this actually mean and do you have it ?

I like the sound of this, tempted to get it done after lockdown ends we're not that far from Bognor. Mr Lemondrop sounds like he can be persuaded :)

Back