Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Letter from VW another software update

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Just got a letter from VW that another software update is required.
I suppose they are "rolling back" the last update that decreased AdBlue consumption. The latter says I should expect higher AdBlue consumption after it.
What is weird they are proposing to pay out ~100eur, not exactly sure for what.
Anybody got that letter?

Not yet ....

I've never had any letter regarding recalls or updates from VW on my March 2017 204 cali.
Serviced last month and in again today (side door rattle) and never any mention of any recalls or updates being required or done.
Asked if any software upgrades had been done as I seem to have poorer top end performance and higher fuel consumption since the service, got no response from VW Dealer other than a blank 'we haven't done anything'.

Was surprised they sent out a registered letter. Previous recalls didn't have anything like that.
And the 100eur refund is weird. Maybe they were forced by some authorities to roll back software and compensate customers? In which case the registered letter is kind of a must.

So I just had a "mandatory" software update for applied while VW were fixing another issue. They stated that this one would increase Adblue usage but have no impact on fuel consumption or power of the engine. It came with a CHF150 rebate in cash as compensation for the adblue increased usage. Engine seems a bit different but could just be in the mind or a result of the other changes made (replaced Turbo unit).

So the Czech Republic and Switzerland get software updates and compensation but in the UK we don't. Better get on the phone before the end of March.

Just got a letter from VW that another software update is required.
I suppose they are "rolling back" the last update that decreased AdBlue consumption. The latter says I should expect higher AdBlue consumption after it.
What is weird they are proposing to pay out ~100eur, not exactly sure for what.
Anybody got that letter?
No not yet but I have got a letter about bowden cables.... yet the garage also said you also need a software upgrade.... but it will take longer than the bowden cables..... I think if they know what they are doing (doubtful) not so. The truth is they are learning on the job. Not so many 6.1. coast about.

No not yet but I have got a letter about bowden cables.... yet the garage also said you also need a software upgrade.... but it will take longer than the bowden cables..... I think if they know what they are doing (doubtful) not so. The truth is they are learning on the job. Not so many 6.1. coast about.
I shall mention the 100 euro refund because they are charging me 25 quid for a courtesy car!

Back