Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Additional Dash switches

Padraic

Padraic

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi all, a job I did a few months ago and I just wanted to post about it, so that it may be of help to others.
With two free switch spaces in the dash, I purchased some additional switches, a double switch, Taxi and light switch and a single light switch.
I used the taxi switch to switch on and off the driver and passenger USB ports, the second part of that switch is left free for any future additions.
The second new switch, an interior light switch, I've used to switch on the interior light, same as opening the door. I would have preferred if there was an ESP switch there!!!
I used all proper VW second hand wiring looms adapted to work with the two switches.

IMG_8357.JPG

I like the taxi switch :thumb
Its from a VW T4 Taxi that was supplied from VW from new, designed to switch on and off the taxi roof sign/light and the interior light for customers.
Its useful because it allows two switches for the one switch slot.

Sweet. I’ve bagged that space for my automated fresh water tank empty valve project (coming soon - rummaging about in the cubby hole to access the valve is doing my head in).

Sweet. I’ve bagged that space for my automated fresh water tank empty valve project (coming soon - rummaging about in the cubby hole to access the valve is doing my head in).
Sounds like a nice project.

When I bough my Cali it had this clock fitted which didn’t work or do anything. I believe it was fitted at the factory by mistake as it controls the night heater. However as Westfalia control this heater via their own control panel, this timer clock was unused.
I decided to connect it to power and lights, so now it serves as a second clock in the dash.

30A7B0F2-26AE-42F7-A598-B95F040481F6.jpeg 274E6F65-8AB2-4056-B12A-647697C9D6FF.jpeg

You could use the timer switch that is used to switch on the heated rear window.
Some models had a switch that keeps the heated rear window on as long as the switch is switched on, others had a timer switch that would switch off after a few mins.
It would be just a matter of pressing the switch to dump the tank and then forget about it.

Yeah I did spot one of those switches on the Bay.

Back