Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Admiral - what do they call your Cali?

California Dreamin

California Dreamin

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
We have just noticed that, having insured our T6 Beach with Admiral, that they have it down as "CALIFORNIA T30 BEACH". Does anyone else have a Beach insured with Admiral and is this normal or a problem?

T30 is chassis type - I.e 3 ton

We have insured our new Ocean today with Liverpool Victoria and yes they also use the T30 notation in their classification of the latest California. This was the case both when obtaining an online quote (T30 is in the pull-down list of California's) as well when finalising the policy over the telephone. I was informed that the vehicle derivative descriptions come from the manufacturer. I will wait to see how DVLA define it on the registration document.

As @Bigted says it would appear that the basis of the California Ocean/Beach is the Transporter T30 chassis. Confirmed here in the description of the new Transporter Edition.

I was beginning to become very alarmed when I said 'no it's not a T30 it's a T6' and they started to say 'oh no we can't insure one of those....'!!!!!

But now the panic us over. So for anyone else - don't worry as T30 [from Van world] does seem to equal T6 [In our California world].

We have just noticed that, having insured our T6 Beach with Admiral, that they have it down as "CALIFORNIA T30 BEACH". Does anyone else have a Beach insured with Admiral and is this normal or a problem?

I'd not thought about it, but my T6 Beach is insured with Admiral too this year.

Certificate just has the reg number, Schedule just says "VOLKSWAGEN" and model is "CAL" ... :D