Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice needed - VW T6 Cali Ocean 2016

ddgp

ddgp

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi guys,

I am considering at buying a T6 California Ocean with Bicycle rack, Big Navigation screen, LED headlights, LED washers, 17" VW wheels and 200ps.

Is it a good value for 41’964.88 Pounds or 51.000 Swiss Francs with 23.000 kms?

It is a very hard to say because for 61.000 Swiss Francs you can get a T6.1.... tough call.

Lease in Switzerland is 3.9%

Thank you guys

David

For only that much extra I’d consider a new T6.1 especially if you can negotiate hard to get. Discount on the new one.

At the time I was looking for a second hand T5. 5 cylinder, 5 years old, over 100000km. They all were about € 40 - 45000. When looking for a brand new one, prices started at just under € 50000. Bought a new one instead.

Thank you. It is insane. The sellers are making it hard to drop the prices for second hand ones. For a 20% more you get a new one

Hi guys,

I am considering at buying a T6 California Ocean with Bicycle rack, Big Navigation screen, LED headlights, LED washers, 17" VW wheels and 200ps.

Is it a good value for 41’964.88 Pounds or 51.000 Swiss Francs with 23.000 kms?

It is a very hard to say because for 61.000 Swiss Francs you can get a T6.1.... tough call.

Lease in Switzerland is 3.9%

Thank you guys

David
If you could buy your 6.1 for 61,000 and sell it after 4 years for 51,000 you’d be over the moon wouldn’t you? That’s where the price of the 6 is.

Is the 6.1 the same spec?

I believe the base T6.1 comes with quite a few features that were optional extras on the T6.

Thinking CarPlay, adaptive cruise? Plus it has the digital dash.

I believe the base T6.1 comes with quite a few features that were optional extras on the T6.

You need to be careful here. Yes, the T6.1 does come with a few features that were options on the T6, LEDs I think, but some depend on the model (Coast / Ocean - Liberty or not)

CarPlay only comes with the higher spec infotainment system, not standard on all models.

ACC and Digital Dash are still optional on all models

Different countries different specifications as one member has found out. ACC was not standard.

Hi, thanks guys.... Yes in Switzerland LED lights are now standard. Carplay and ACC are optionals. With those ops the car here is 66k.

I don't really care whether the car has 150 or 200 ps... The Cali is to go chilling with it anyway.

What's annoying Is that for 20% or 10k more you have a brand new one...

Why is a 4 year old car so expensive still?

So from your comments and the market analysis I think the T6.1 is still a winner.

Please share your thoughts further. Thank you

I have a 6.1 ocean...I have owned a t5 a 5.1 se a 6 ocean and the 6.1 my favourite it is stunning plenty more options as standard and nice things to spec like the floor and extra storage (at an extra cost) but the new additions are great...
It’s a bit more tech. I’m not really a big tech fan but moving with the times And all that I guess it’s the way forward .

Yes in Switzerland LED lights are now standard. Carplay and ACC are optionals. With those ops the car here is 66k.

I've recently bought a T6.1 Ocean. Don't forget the advertised prices by the dealers are negotiable.

Why is a 4 year old car so expensive still?
My 4 year old Ocean, in very good condition and relatively low Km lost about 11% of the original purchase when I sold it. That was about the same as other Cali's for sale at the time, although I still found T5.1's for sale at a much higher price!

What's annoying Is that for 20% or 10k more you have a brand new one...

So from your comments and the market analysis I think the T6.1 is still a winner.

That's why I bought a new T6, and again a T6.1. You get a new car and a warranty.

I've recently bought a T6.1 Ocean. Don't forget the advertised prices by the dealers are negotiable.

My 4 year old Ocean, in very good condition and relatively low Km lost about 11% of the original purchase when I sold it. That was about the same as other Cali's for sale at the time, although I still found T5.1's for sale at a much higher price!

That's why I bought a new T6, and again a T6.1. You get a new car and a warranty.

Thank you for your reply... Do you get short leases, do you cancel the lease contract or you simply resell them whenever?

I'm going to go/call Amag Schlieren tomorrow. Any recommendation on how and whom to approach? I will go with my config code

Hi ddgp,

How did you get on with Amag Schlieren? I've been looking around for at least 6 months now and have come to the same conclusion as you. I would be interested to hear how you got on and if any discount was feasible!

Cheers,

Thank you for your reply... Do you get short leases, do you cancel the lease contract or you simply resell them whenever?

I'm going to go/call Amag Schlieren tomorrow. Any recommendation on how and whom to approach? I will go with my config code

Hi ddgp,

How did you get on with Amag Schlieren? I've been looking around for at least 6 months now and have come to the same conclusion as you. I would be interested to hear how you got on and if any discount was feasible!

Cheers,

I ended up going to Amag Winterthur and ask for Jannik Frey, tell him that you come from David, the Spanish guy

I ended up going to Amag Winterthur and ask for Jannik Frey, tell him that you come from David, the Spanish guy

So David, did you buy the red Cali in your avatar from Jannik in Winterthur? He sold me mine and I had a good look around that one when I picked mine up, also red :)

So David, did you buy the red Cali in your avatar from Jannik in Winterthur? He sold me mine and I had a good look around that one when I picked mine up, also red :)
Yes that is the one that I ordered... I was looking into that one for months...

I guess you ordered new right? Or by when are you expecting to get yours?

I have mine already, I received it about the 3weeks ago :)
The colour is great, but I don’t have a picture yet

We should start a Swiss meet-up, and make a red section

Back