Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice on buying a 2010 Cali

N

Noelia

Vehicle
N/A
Hey everyone,

I've been considering purchasing a 2010 California, great service history, well cared for, low ownership, 125,000 miles.

I'm happy with the overall condition but am worried about reports of issues with the 180bhp bi turbo engine. The vehicle I'm interested in has the original EGR & I'm told by the seller there's no excessive oil consumption.

Any thoughts and opinions from the more experienced California owners on here?

THanks in advance, Noelia

Hey everyone,

I've been considering purchasing a 2010 California, great service history, well cared for, low ownership, 125,000 miles.

I'm happy with the overall condition but am worried about reports of issues with the 180bhp bi turbo engine. The vehicle I'm interested in has the original EGR & I'm told by the seller there's no excessive oil consumption.

I have a 2014 180 Biturbo now on 127,456 miles. Omls oil usage between annual oil service. About to leave, in 6 weeks on a 6000 mile round trip to Norway.

Hey everyone,

Has the seller owned the van since new?

Hey everyone,

See this recent thread.

Hey everyone,

If private purchase it would have to be a very good price to choose this one. If a dealer selling you obviously have a lot more protection re a major fault and I would sort a 12month warranty with them.

If private purchase it would have to be a very good price to choose this one. If a dealer selling you obviously have a lot more protection re a major fault and I would sort a 12month warranty with them.

Most garages will just buy a third party warranty. So very important to check the small print to ensure it's covered. The better warranty co’s make the dealer check the entire vehicle and sign a declaration before they will provide cover.

Thanks everyone for their replies, that's really kind.

I've decided to walk away. There's a good possibility that the van would be fine but + £24k it's too much of a risk to take for me.

The seller told me it was a £600 job to replace the EGR but my concern was the damage could already be occuring.

Thanks again to everyone here, hopefully I'll pop back as an 'owner' sometime soon.

Back