Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

cambelt advice

know sorry to say but its going to be a complete band in some parts of Germany. thanks to the Paris agreement some cites will start to band none euro 6 diesels completely from parts (not all ) of their major cities. Bristol is looking to charge extra this month for euro 4 diesels, how much longer for euro 5. so its an issue not to overlooked. sad to say.

The sad fact is that the political class will use this as a cash cow. We have seen the massive increase in bus lane cameras and parking charging. Now they have a new source of income and boy will they make a meal of it.

As for cam belt. Change as advised it is essential. The cost is minimal compared to a new engine.

I caught this thread late and frankly have little to offer except my perception from reading the whole lot and to wish the OP well with the new acquisition.
So best wishes @Lloydfred I hope you have a great times. It looks great.

For some of the other posts, didn't we start missing the point that this is a 2010 van and priced accordingly?
It might just be me but I started to get the feeling that the fact the brakes have been used and it's done 55K all started to be needed to be factored in to what is already the lower end of the cost of a used cali.
I know everyone means well but its a 2010 build so don't lose sight of the fact that the average asking price will have factored wear and tear in already then a hopeful slice on top to bargain with no doubt.
The cam belt question and checks about FSH was very valid but beyond that a little OTT?
You are gonna get taxed new or old one way or another.
:Iamsorry

The van did appear to be priced well, however it is moving into the winter months and there are similar vans being advertised on here at higher rates. I would also point out that those vans are still up for sale after many weeks. The van we decided on is used and seven years old and in the condition I would expect of a seven year old van that's been looked after.

My main issue was I couldn't understand why the cam belt wasn't replaced in 2015 as advised. I also wasn't sure if this impacted on the value of the van going forward. The van had full service history with all minor and major services. After I produced the evidence that the cam belt should of been replaced in 2015 the seller offered to have this done at his experience. The front edge of the roof also had two slight bubbles and as I believe I won't be able to have this done under warranty I offered accordingly to allow me to have this work carried out privately.

The seller was looking for a quick sale and priced accordingly and by being dedicated and checking the ardverts daily I was in a position to swiftly act. A van will sell quickly on here if it's priced realistically, but overinflated prices and expectations are unrealistic.

I now have my lovely sparkling green Cali securely on my drive. It's been a long search for the right vehicle, lasting well over a year. We started our search with a T3 then quickly moved on to a suitable T4 and ended up with a T5.1

I think I made the right decision she's a great waggon!

Thanks for all the help and advice from the community along the way.

I now have my lovely sparkling green Cali securely on my drive. It's been a long search for the right vehicle, lasting well over a year. We started our search with a T3 then quickly moved on to a suitable T4 and ended up with a T5.1

I think I made the right decision she's a great waggon!

Thanks for all the help and advice from the community along the way.
It's good to hear that you've eventually found what you wanted.

VW in Sweden (and Germany) say 210,000KM before a cam belt needs changing, I shared the information on this forum too and they were steadfast, interesting the UK service outlets have a different view.