Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice on current fuel situation in France

Hi,

By the way, there's now another live map too of open French petrol stations that are restocked/restocking:

http://penurie.mon-essence.fr/w/opened/

However, expect some queus there.

For Android and iPhone two apps are giving more or less the same information as the websites, although they consume some energy, as I found out.

Energetical regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

Definitely worse in the north.
Fair sized queue at a supermarket near Poitiers this morning.
I stopped on the motorway near Alencon at lunchtime. About five vehicles waiting and a limit of 20l. The pump stopped automatically.
Now in Dieppe and all motorway stations and supermarkets have biggish queues.I dont know if they are all 20l limit.
sign at the one I stopped at said definitely no filling of cans.
Looks like there is fuel available but you have queue and msy bea limit.

We are travelling to the Loire Valley on Saturday and are very worried about the whole fuel shortage situation in France, our ferry company has already warned us about delays at the French port as there are currently protests there as well. If we fill up before leaving the UK we should get to our destination but the problem will be touring around once there and getting back!!

Anyone else travelling over half term? Might be helpful for us and others to post live reports here?

Threads have been merged so that there is one central point for information and feedback on the current fuelling problems in France.

We have decided to skirt around, Belgium, Luxembourg, Strasbourg Switzerland, geneva.. adds 1 hour over 2 days.. But now there is port disruption might not even sail!

Oh but I'm sure they will be fully functioning when the workers approach their annual summer shutdown.

• Agree
Reactions: DM
In France today. No problem with fuel at aire de la baie de Somme A16. Just about to try another near Orleans on the A10. Most places we saw in Paris seem to have short queues but nothing too horrible.

Just passed Aire des plaines des beauces A10 southbound - it has fuel and looks normal.

I'm beginning to think that there is not much problem on the autoroutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A10 northbound up to j13 is blocked by a Lorry go slow. Massive queue! We seem ok going south crossed fingers.

Current AA advice is to make sure your tank is full when you leave the UK and top-up when you get the chance - queues permitting.

We are heading fro Austria tomorrow and shall be high-tailing it straight for the Belgian border as soon as we hit French soil. 60Km. Fingers crossed.

Just rescheduled our ferry to not stop in Brittany but to keep on to Santander, the weather looks better there anyhow!

Brittany ferries, instead of doing a Celtic coastal trip Portsmouth-st Malo, the Roscoff-Bilbao going straight Portsmouth - Santander and back. Agree, the French need to recognise that there are choices out there.....

Just filled up again at aire des volcans d'auvergne A71. Still no problem with fuel on the autoroute.

Looks like the disruption is getting worse.
Fellow travellers on the Dieppe Newhaven ferry said an hour and half delay in Rouen due to the road being blocked.
Glad I came back early now.
Good luck everyone.

So today we have driven from Calais almost as far as the Med (650 miles). We have had no problems at all with fuel. The Aires on the A16, A10, A71 and A75 all had fuel. Our local Intermarche has fuel, although it ran out a couple of days ago.

We did see a lorry blockade driving at walking pace on the opposite side of the A10, which must have caused delays for some people. We stopped for lunch soon after seeing that, but left in a hurry when our French neighbour in the car park told us that the blockade had turned round and was coming our way.

Apart from some local problems, I think that we should be fine. I'll update if anything interesting happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

South of France suffering too. Lots of queues for fuel, lots of closed (empty) petrol stations, and lots of "20 euro max" signs.
One positive outcome is that there are fewer cars on the road and everyone is driving 'doucement' which makes a nice change!

Just woken to not very good news on radio, it sounds like the situation is getting worse. We already have ferry and campsites booked, it is not only of the dilemma of fuel shortage, we are now hearing about problems at the ports so we could be stuck in France coming back, if it was the two of us it would be OK but kids will need to get back to school

I am currently travelling to the South coast, it is getting worse! The last fuel station I stopped at we queued for over 1.5 hours only to find the maximum we could put in was 20 Euro, this will not get us to our destination today!

In Clermont l'Herault this afternoon there were no queues at HyperU and they had diesel and unleaded (although they had run out of the cheap unleaded so I had to buy premium for the R4). I passed by Intermarche who were busy, but no queues, and they looked like they had diesel and unleaded as well.

I guess some areas are affected worse than others.

Just on the Belgium national news , the strikes and blokkings of the oil-company's are beeing dismantled ....so things would be back to normal afther the weekend.