Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice on current fuel situation in France

Excuse me?, you are reacting to 2 or 3 members posts and suddenly every Uk forum member (of which there are thousands) is a Tory bigoted little englander. I find your posts quite offensive, in every one you are dishing out the insults and suggesting we are all alike. Grow up.

I am not suggesting that every person on here is a bigoted, little-englander but there are an awful lot of posts like this that I have seen. Its shocking that a few people on here bash the French (and get lots of likes) but choose to holiday there?

If this VW forum is such an open, non bigoted and tolerant community then why have I now been banned from this forum?

Welshgas, you may think that my defending against bigotry and mocking of the poor is funny but I take it as an affront to humanity. I've been a lurker on this forum for awhile and many of the posts are shockingly bigoted and unkind.

This forum unquestionably skews to the politically conservative end of the spectrum and I cannot in good conscience leave it alone this time. It makes me seriously question the kind of people that make up the UK VW California community.
Monty Python springs to mind or even Basil Faulty.

I am not suggesting that every person on here is a bigoted, little-englander but there are an awful lot of posts like this that I have seen. Its shocking that a few people on here bash the French (and get lots of likes) but choose to holiday there?

If this VW forum is such an open, non bigoted and tolerant community then why have I now been banned from this forum?
I think a few lessons in social graces would not go amiss. Thank goodness the majority of French people are totally unlike you. You must be very popular. Not!

There's back petrol and diesel in the French gasstations so all the rest is OFF -topic here , if this goes on a modorator will start deleting posts....
Let's keep it clean , ok?:thumb

This forum unquestionably skews to the politically conservative end of the spectrum and I cannot in good conscience leave it alone this time. It makes me seriously question the kind of people that make up the UK VW California community.

If you don't like what you read on here then P@SS OFF and don,t read it!!!!

I do believe the fuel situation in France is improving.

If any members can comment then please do so. This thread will be kept on-topic.

Driving from Calais to Austria through Belgium and Germany is about 20km longer. I suggest you travel by night, there are many road works in Germany and it can be very painful to stay in queue for hours. I came from the UK yesterday. On the way up three days ago, I lost several hours in road block, on the way back I drove in the night and could drive very fast.
Haha - tried that and spent 4 hours stationary on the A3 just south of Koln last Friday night. The police closed the road completely following an accident. Once they allowed us to move it took a while to negotiate the numerous breakdowns in the queue - presumably a result of people switching their engines off and leaving their lights on.

I second the observation about roadworks in Germany. What should have been a 10 hour drive took 18 hours on the way down (including the 4 hours stationary) and 14 hours on the way back.

Haha - tried that and spent 4 hours stationary on the A3 just south of Koln last Friday night. The police closed the road completely following an accident. Once they allowed us to move it took a while to negotiate the numerous breakdowns in the queue - presumably a result of people switching their engines off and leaving their lights on.

I second the observation about roadworks in Germany. What should have been a 10 hour drive took 18 hours on the way down (including the 4 hours stationary) and 14 hours on the way back.
Interesting. Did your SatNav not re-route you?

Interesting. Did your SatNav not re-route you?
Not in time - grrr. I use Waze and would swear by it in the UK. However I was not as convinced of it on the continent. It doesn't seem to be as agile at re-routing on long routes (400 miles +) as it was in the UK.

It also seemed tardy at updating incidents. I had checked the road ahead for incidents about 15 mins before running into the stationary traffic. When I stopped and reviewed incidents again there was one reporting the accident that had been reported 45 mins earlier!

It also made two strange routing decisions on the way home. It insisted on me staying on the autobahn between Nurenburg and Frankfurt despite me losing 2 hours in 70 miles of stop start traffic. But perhaps there is no decent alternative route there. It then routed me through the centre of Brussels which was very slow - but I guess Waze felt the motorway would be even slower.

The alternative is over Stuttgart and not Wurzburg. There are too many roadworks on the Nurnberg, Koln road.

• Agree
Reactions: DM
We're going to France on the Plymouth Roscoff ferry landing on Sunday morning, has all this disruption of fuel supplies now finished and everything back to normal?

We're going to France on the Plymouth Roscoff ferry landing on Sunday morning, has all this disruption of fuel supplies now finished and everything back to normal?

We came back from France on Tuesday - no problems anywhere. In fact, we didn't have any problem at all getting fuel while in France.

Off to France very soon. Am I better to go totally full?
Are the strikes and fuel shortage totally over
Is it better not to go full, as diesel is usually cheaper in France
Thanks

Hello all, we're travelling around the Dordogne, and have seen no issues at all with getting fuel.

Cheers folks
Just had a message , boat cancelled, because Le Havre is on strike again, and it can't dock!!
There is a place for us, Poole cherbourg,the next day. Lucky I have a self contained Cali, so I didnt book any accommodation!
Fuel might be getting short again in the near future
This is not going to help the in campaigns!