Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Last edited:
Just a couple of updates on this meet

A few people have asked for somewhere to camp and we have had a suggestion of Crofton Holiday Park You will need to book direct with the campsite of decide on the day.

If you wish to attend please RSVP Here: https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/events/devon-aftenoon-meet.36/

Please also note, this is a weather permitting meet so please keep an eye on this thread in case we need to cancel

For those unfamiliar with Dawlish Warren, the car park is ideal for a meet with plenty of room. Nearby are a couple of pubs within walking distances and a small cafe called the Velo shack. There is plenty of walks and dogs are welcome. It is a lovely area and worth a visit even this time of year.

I live in Exeter and regularly cycle to Dawlish Warren. The Veloshack does great coffee and bacon baguettes. Cycled there today and let the owners know about the club meet. Subject to weather and anticipated numbers they are happy to put on extra staff to serve my VW colleagues.

I live in Exeter and regularly cycle to Dawlish Warren. The Veloshack does great coffee and bacon baguettes. Cycled there today and let the owners know about the club meet. Subject to weather and anticipated numbers they are happy to put on extra staff to serve my VW colleagues.
Nice one Buddy

Not been to a meet yet are there usually stalls with VW things for sale

Worth coming along just to chat about Cali life. Great for sharing tips, recipes, experiences, holiday destinations etc.

Sounds great!!!

We are also hopefully travelling down now as well, we love Dawlish warren

Wish I could make this but sadly I will be trying to escape from an escape room on my birthday :D Have fun all!

Wish I could make this but sadly I will be trying to escape from an escape room on my birthday :D Have fun all!

Ooh have fun.

Wish we could go too. Tis literally 10 mins from our house but I’ll be in Looe. With the Cali.

Looks like we are in for some good weather this weekend so I am hoping we can now make it if all goes to plan

Hi just made plans to travel down, not been to the area before, so looking forward to exploring and meeting up with everyone Saturday

Kelvin & Louise

Currently away - using the California, should be there, although i may not have time to wash and clean the camper!

4 Cali's spotted in quick succession (one towing an Eriba) M27 J3-J1 0725 this morning, I guess on the road early for the meet?!

Last edited:
That will be @GrannyJen no doubt!

Sadly no, I am housebound all this weekend which pees me off greatly. I have only just been cleared by the surgeon to walk again, although I did not bother telling him that I binned the crutches after day 2 :D

Sadly no, I am housebound all this weekend which pees me off greatly. I have only just been cleared by the surgeon to walk again, although I did not bother telling him that I binned the crutches after day 2 :D
well get well soon GJ - but the question is now......whos is the cali towing an Eriba?....:Nailbiting

Hubby tells me tomorrow will be a good train spotting opportunity :rolleyes:

FYI there are Road closure signs in place on the way to Dawlish Warren. There do not seem to be any actual closures in place though.

Nice to meet fellow Californians today, shame about the weather