Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Air Con Re Charge

BerndRos

BerndRos

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Just had my Climatronic re charged at Kwik Fit for £49 inc....the van had lost a third of it's gas since new in 2010.....

All now working SO much better than before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's useful information to know berndros

So what is the going rate,do you know ?

Alan ..... :cool

Alan.....

As I said they have a fixed price of £49 inc....

My Air Con was pretty pathetic before as I guess it degrades gradually over time. But now it's working very well.

They used to offer a money back guarantee (they may still do) if they don't achieve an X degree improvement measured at the air vents before and after the recharge. So if you fear your aircon may have other problems, it was a useful starting point.

Correct.

They still do that and in addition if after pressurised there are leaks.

We charge £40 :thumb

It is possible to buy kits to do this yourself more cheaply, but a word of caution.

AC units contain lubricating oil as well as refrigerant. When you get your vehicle regassed you are meant to weigh how much oil comes out, and replace it with the same amount.

Kiki Fit has the fancy machines to do this. I'd just check that whoever does yours also has this capability.

A very useful thread - thanks for the info. I had no idea AC even needed to be recharged but one hour and £49 later (Kwik Fit) the AC is running cold once again.

(And if there happened to be a different problem with the AC there would be no charge).

Back