Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Air Con - while parked up ?

Fergie Collier

Fergie Collier

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I am considering taking my Cali round Europe and given the temperatures at night it would be very hot. Any advice ? Who has done it and is there any way to have air con in the vehicle overnight without the engine running of course?. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Scandinavia in the summer, Southern Europe in the winter. You will be fine. But if ever it gets hot head for the mountains, plenty to find all around Europe.

USB fans work well. They are small, you can use them off grid and they really do make a difference.

There is no way to run the Aircon without the engine running, unfortunately.

If you keep the pop-top windows open and get a 12volt fan, you should be fine.

Also, rather than use the standard internal blinds, external ones will reflect the heat during the day and allow you to open the front side windows overnight in addition to the side windows behind the door blind.

Another alternative is an Airsafe which allows the tailgate to be slightly ajar but still locked.

Alan

I am considering taking my Cali round Europe and given the temperatures at night it would be very hot. Any advice ? Who has done it and is there any way to have air con in the vehicle overnight without the engine running of course?. Thanks in advance for any advice.
We ran van engine for a few minutes in France with boot open to get rid of hot air then closed up and put usb fans on one upstairs and one downstairs to encourage air flow. We had windows unzipped a bit upstairs and also windows open halfway with blind down on sliding door.

We did this for my young boy who we were trying to get to sleep earlier than the temperature dropped. If your adult then temp drops and you can keep van open to circulate air until it's time to sleep.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Back