Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Air suspension

Lots of air options on the Market

Airlift
AccuAir (recently back in the market from going backrupt!)
HybridAir

i can’t comment on VB air as I don’t know much about them.

Depends what you want and there’s many suppliers and fitters out there, Plush Automotive / StillStatic.

I elected for Coilovers over Air as I have an existing vehicle on Air which is primarily for looks rather than function.

These are of course aftermarket and from hearing other people’s experiences they are prone to issues (freezing lines during the winter because of moisture in the system in extreme cold temperatures, fuses blowing and on the rare occurrence bags rupturing)

if I were going air on my Cali, my choice would be Airlift as there’s a wealth of knowledge out there or possibly Hybrid as it can be integrated into DCC

Has anyone on the forum had HybidAir fitted to their California, or seen it?

Apologies for a bit of necromancy. I went to test ride a Cali today that had VB Air fitted already, and I'm unsure if it's faulty or it's working as it should.

As I was driving around, I noticed that the compressor was kicking off every now and then, and the air suspension seemed to be adjusting as I drove.

I thought the VB Air allowed you to set the ride height, and would do nothing unless you pressed a button. The dealer tells me that it's actually an active system, and is continuously adjusting the pressure in the bellows.

He doesn't have much experience with VB Air though, apparently they normally install Goldschmitt, which he claimed is better for offroading.

Is VB Air supposed to do this? or is this indicative of some problem in the system? like a leak somewhere... leaking bellow perhaps?

Tx
@Nand0 , seeing this post only now. My cali has VB Air and the compressor does kick in once in a while, and that is normal. During a journey, don't notice it much ... but say, when I stop on an incline or a cambered surface, the compressor does kick in ... not sure to do what - but I would suspect, to adjust the air pressure as needed.

The handling is definitely better when compared to two other Cali's that I had rented before. As you may already be aware, air suspension does not always translate to a smoother/plusher ride in a big box. It mostly translates as better handling and of course the single button auto level which is a big upside for us.

The system does monitor the pressure regularly, and either releases or activates the compressor but how much of it should be deciphered as "active" is anyone's guess.

Has anyone on the forum had HybidAir fitted to their California, or seen it?
Not seen any on a Cali but many on Transporters

Have a look on Plush Automotives Instagram or Website

Simon + StillStatic was pushing Hybrid and I think he has a kit on his T6.1 Transporter too but personally I won’t buy from them again as their after sales was very disappointing during my last purchase.

Not seen any on a Cali but many on Transporters

Have a look on Plush Automotives Instagram or Website

Simon + StillStatic was pushing Hybrid and I think he has a kit on his T6.1 Transporter too but personally I won’t buy from them again as their after sales was very disappointing during my last purchase.
Thanks, Hecta, I will look into those.

Thanks, Hecta, I will look into those.
I'm having Goldschmidt Air suspension fitted on my Club Joker (Transporter based). I looked heavily into VB and Goldschmidt and decided to go that route as they have an additional feature of being able to weigh the van using pressure in the air tanks. Pretty cool stuff. Here's a PDF in English about them if interested.

Attachments

• Product_Overview_Goldschmitt_12S_EN.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 8