Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VB Air Suspension

I was under the impression that VB only supply and fit via a net work of approved suppliers (paid up ) ?
what has the local (if local ) supplier said ?
what would happen if you were Ona trip ?
If VB doesn’t want to supply a part you’re fooked ? I.e. you can’t drive your van ?
sorry to beat on but I can’t beliive VB want to restrict supply of spares? Particularly for a failed component! Albeit you can get the OEM part at less than £100 , but VB want to charge u £500 ? Is that correct ?

I would go for Koni active suspension if I was starting again, I don't like the pogo ride of the VB either, the compression and rebound damping is woefully inadequate.

Interesting..We had HD anti roll bars fitted to our previous Beach by Bognor motors, next step was to fit Koni active but they advised to see how the handling improved before changing shocks .ARB’s solved the issue.

Konis might have cured the pothole shudder, but most of our local potholes have been filled ready for the election!

How to destroy a brand VB !
customer support !

they claim every ambulance in the U.K. has VB Air ? That’s a reliability claim ?

I pity the ambulance service !

Last edited:
Interesting..We had HD anti roll bars fitted to our previous Beach by Bognor motors, next step was to fit Koni active but they advised to see how the handling improved before changing shocks .ARB’s solved the issue.

Konis might have cured the pothole shudder, but most of our local potholes have been filled ready for the election!
I was asking Sean from VB if there was anything I could do about replacing the shock absorbers as the damping is so lacking, he said there are heavy duty rear shocks available and mentioned uprated anti roll bars, I said I've bought a pair of H&R anti roll bars to go on it, he then said you can't just fit the heavy duty roll bars because of the self levelling bracket for the headlights, I said I had bought the one for the LED headlights and he said you have to have the bracket modified as VB uses one that is specific to the standard roll bar, the one that comes with the H+R anti roll bar can't be used. It just keeps getting better and better. I'm getting a quote to have the VB suspension removed, it's not straight forward apparently as they cut the chassis when they fit the VB Air!!

Are u kidding ?
VB can’t be used with after market products such as a recognised upgrade such as H&R roll bar :headbang
so let’s get this right VB system uses parts from another manufacturer!
when those parts fail prematurely, they imposed a supply embargo or limit supply due to potential issues with the part ? ?
the supply network can’t fix your van ?
VB suggest their products cannot be removed easily / intergrated with standard after market “upgrades “?
this gets better with every disclosure ?

Suggest you start looking out for a free set of T32 suspension, often available on this and t6 forum for free .

I will not be taking part in the VB experience!

I wonder why VB is no longer offered as a “VW option “ ! (It used to be ) I suggest the obvious contradictions apply !

I understand you need some remedial work once VB has been installed To correct / revert the install ?

as I say I WAS looking at this but no more , what an absolute disgrace.
at least you have helped others avoid an expensive issue which is probably no consolation to you!

Are u kidding ?
VB can’t be used with after market products such as a recognised upgrade such as H&R roll bar :headbang
so let’s get this right VB system uses parts from another manufacturer!
when those parts fail prematurely, they imposed a supply embargo or limit supply due to potential issues with the part ? ?
the supply network can’t fix your van ?
VB suggest their products cannot be removed easily / intergrated with standard after market “upgrades “?
this gets better with every disclosure ?
Pretty much, yes. I have requested a quote from crs performance have it removed and repair the chassis and fit the konis, see what they come back with, I have a £650+ bill for one new airbag coming so might be best to just cut my losses, get it removed now rather than pay out to have the airbag replaced and put the £650 towards the replacement suspension setup. I don't like being taken advantage of and what happens when one of the other 3 corners go, or that one goes again? If it was a regular spring, I could get one fitted possible the same day, not have all these hoops to jump through and 2 days of phone calls followed by a huge £650 bill for £100 part.

Funnily enough I’ve posted this thread in the T6 forum , which I have received personal threat’s of violence from one poster,
the thread has been locked whilst they investigate !

Funnily enough I’ve posted this thread in the T6 forum , which I have received personal threat’s of violence from one poster,
the thread has been locked whilst they investigate !

‘XX’ suspension is the best. 9 out of 10 cats prefer it.

Here is the thread locked !

Do you know what I was considering VB air , but this whole experience is off big time . WTF is that about with the personal threats !
good by VB

I’m waiting for the T6 forum to respong to the personal threats of violence?
not sure it going to happen