Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

AirCon Service Schedule/Inputs?

kurienp

kurienp

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Has anyone serviced the aircon in their Cali. 50,000 mls and noticed today that the AC is not cooling as effectively as it used to. It may be the heat ... but still. Anyone aware of the service intervals/schedule for an aircon service on the Cali?

Ta.

Not had mine serviced but got a warranty repair done as mine wasn’t blowing cold. It turned out to be a pipe that supplied the rear air con controls. The fist time they looked at it the just re gassed it and that lasted 2 days before it was blowing warm again.

VW say two. Most people wait till three. Or when it’s stops cooling effectively. We do the last. Our Cali fine but 5 year old Tiguan has just stopped working and getting sorted by VW tomorrow.

It’s a quick and easy job so the best schedule is when it stops working imho.

Has anyone serviced the aircon in their Cali. 50,000 mls and noticed today that the AC is not cooling as effectively as it used to. It may be the heat ... but still. Anyone aware of the service intervals/schedule for an aircon service on the Cali?

Ta.
There are many Independent Aircon Service outfits and those that come to you. probably cheaper than VW and faster to book.

Just an example -- no knowledge of actual use.

There are many Independent Aircon Service outfits and those that come to you. probably cheaper than VW and faster to book.

Just an example -- no knowledge of actual use.

thank you @B J G . That's a good call. Did not think about that at all. Yeah, getting someone to service the unit on my drive might be better. Better still if I get someone with transporter experience.

Let me check on the t6Forum as well.

VW say two. Most people wait till three. Or when it’s stops cooling effectively. We do the last. Our Cali fine but 5 year old Tiguan has just stopped working and getting sorted by VW tomorrow.

It’s a quick and easy job so the best schedule is when it stops working imho.
Going into VW to get the EGR replaced (their prices were competitive to others), may get the Aircon serviced as well - if time permits, or as @B J G recommends, get an independent to service on the drive.

6 years now, so I guess time for a service anyways! :D

Last edited:
Going into VW to get the EGR replaced (their prices were competitive to others), may get the Aircon serviced as well - if time permits, or as @B J G recommends, get an independent to service on the drive.

6 years now, so I guess time for a service anyways! :D
Had our Tiguan done today, TBH was only 80 quid and with a 2 year VW warranty very cost effective.

Did notice an issue in the Cali though, an issue with a “Engine Coolant Bypass Valve A stuck closed” so be paying the local Commercial dealer a visit.

Back