Peter V

Peter V

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
Hello Folks
Looking for a pair off airscreens like the one on the picture
I now bandrup makes them , just wondering if there is a simmular
more price frendly alternative.....:(
if not ....anybody got a nice secondhand laying about???;)

cheers

Peter
235.jpg

Hi Peter , i got those ( Brandrup ones) and use them frequent as we travel with our dog and extra ventilation is needed at night.
Love them , are stored flat on the rear metal shelf .
Not cheap , have to check what i payed ....but so is a Cali...
Where are you planning to order them , i go to Holland Camper Centrum Nederland at Amersfoort for my stuff , they give 10% discount on most stuff , even Brandrup.
Go there on this Sathurday for a oil change and check up on the camping part of the Cali.

Forgot to say , they sell simular fitting the sliding window .

Hello Hc..
still waiting on the calli....
but want to make shore all "must haves" are in the van before we sail off...;)
not shore where I"ll buy them , also have good conditions at my vw dealer.....
just wonderd if the brandrup one's are the only option , or are there other one's availeble
if not , looking for second hand ones , then if needbe I"ll buy some new ones...
cheers
Peter

Hello Hc..
still waiting on the calli....
but want to make shore all "must haves" are in the van before we sail off...;)
not shore where I"ll buy them , also have good conditions at my vw dealer.....
just wonderd if the brandrup one's are the only option , or are there other one's availeble
if not , looking for second hand ones , then if needbe I"ll buy some new ones...
cheers
Peter

Hi Peter

Found this on a Swiss Website:
http://shop.campingprofi.ch/de/46086-lueftungsgitter_fuer_die_fahrerhaustuer_vwt5_links/

I guess there are the same price as the Brandrup are. Maybe this helps as an alternative.

sapto

@sapto , they look exact as the ones from Brandrup.
Actually guess it are the same , as they not are labled Brandrup , at least not mine , like most stuff Brandrup sells.
Think they not making it theirselves so others are also selling it.

Forgot to say , they sell simular fitting the sliding window .

Looking at the Brandrup website, the similar ones for the sliding windows seem to be for the T4. For some reason, the ventilation solution for the T5/T6 is a different plastic design. It looks fine for rain protection but doesn't look great for security which for me is the main point of these ventilation solutions.
Anyone know a source of secure ventilation grills for the sliding Windows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw these on the Brandrup website a few weeks ago & laughed out loud at the pricing!

Each to their own, but this looks like pointless tat IMO - why not just drop the window down an inch?

Here is another UK seller - http://www.justkampers.com/cab-window-air-vent-for-vw-t5-2003-2014.html

I personally have deflectors and drop the windows down a bit. :)
Hello Craw
yes all look the same but guess what they say on there site...

"Please note, these vents are not compatible with electric windows, as they will interfere with the sensors."

I mean are t5's and 6's even made without elektric windows...?:headbang
Could any body make a few close up's off the parts , including the backside so I can see if how they are made
I might give it a shot myself...as snowey said..looks like something made out a scrap metal..
I work as a train mechanic on the national railways..got loads of scrap metal just laying about...;)
cheers
Peter

"Please note, these vents are not compatible with electric windows, as they will interfere with the sensors."

I have heard from others that you can use them it's just a bit fiddly and involves a few ups and downs to get them in place. I couldn't be bothered with all that... :)

Hello Craw
yes all look the same but guess what they say on there site...

I mean are t5's and 6's even made without elektric windows...?:headbang
Could any body make a few close up's off the parts , including the backside so I can see if how they are made
I might give it a shot myself...as snowey said..looks like something made out a scrap metal..
I work as a train mechanic on the national railways..got loads of scrap metal just laying about...;)
cheers
Peter
Work very well, even with electric windows. There is a knack to fitting them. Very strong so happy to leave the van locked up with them in place to ventilate the interior. I got mine free though courtesy of VW.

Saw these on the Brandrup website a few weeks ago & laughed out loud at the pricing!

Each to their own, but this looks like pointless tat IMO - why not just drop the window down an inch?

Would you drop your window and leave your cali unattended at a campsite....
do you leave your window open at night in the rain?
I do with those in....for me also overpriced items , but they do a perfect job.

Looking at the Brandrup website, the similar ones for the sliding windows seem to be for the T4. For some reason, the ventilation solution for the T5/T6 is a different plastic design. It looks fine for rain protection but doesn't look great for security which for me is the main point of these ventilation solutions.
Anyone know a source of secure ventilation grills for the sliding Windows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

check this out

https://www.google.be/search?q=vent...=vIxaV5jYD6qDgAbBjJGQDg#imgrc=Y9d1fZTSVDTXTM:

Was jst this evening visiting De Wit at Schijndel in the Netherlands , a huge store for campinggear , tents , outdoor cloting , ....
A paradise for a Cali owner but a nightmare for the bankaccount:D
Guess what they had on the shelve....
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Not Brandrup but "Hulsberg"
They got all sorts , for T4 , Ford , Fiat ,....

Was jst this evening visiting De Wit at Schijndel in the Netherlands , a huge store for campinggear , tents , outdoor cloting , ....
A paradise for a Cali owner but a nightmare for the bankaccount:D
Guess what they had on the shelve....
View attachment 14384
View attachment 14385

View attachment 14386
Not Brandrup but "Hulsberg"
They got all sorts , for T4 , Ford , Fiat ,....

Oh our destination might be the Netherlands in Summer, so I could just pass by accidentaly...

Curious how well these ventilate when the window covers are on?
Thinking of buying some now non Brandrup options ahve been identified.
We use the side window vents but if it is hot and raining, like it was in Scotland last year, the rain goes straight through!

If coverd on the outside with a thermal screen they are less effective , i have done it , but still they ventilate a bit.
It also depends on the wind (as @Skylark2.0 ) says there could be waterdrops going thru in heavy rain and winds.

This is also an option for the sliding window
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

All this reminds me why I am going to get some VW wind deflectors above the front windows at the first service

Very interesting but lots of stuff to carry around

Yes and not cheap , the insert screen is arround 60 euro and so is the plexi with the glassuckers ( Brandrup)