weather in scandinavia?

Peter V

Peter V

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
Hello Folks
Not to keen on 35 °C + in Southern europe in my calli
So I kinda want to know if someone has a more or less realible
weather forcast for the south of Sweden and Norway(maybe someone who lives there.....) , from lets say
5-20 august
I'm not to keen on all day raining and 10° also....:rolleyes:
cheers
Peter

Contact the members from overthere
Look at meteosites
Think @briwy was or still even is in Norway at this moment

We are at the bottom of the Lofoten Islands at the moment. Rain last two days but sunny now and looking good for about five days.
Norwegian weather forecast seems to have been reasonably ok so try that for where you want to go.
www.yr.no

We are at the bottom of the Lofoten Islands at the moment. Rain last two days but sunny now and looking good for about five days.
Norwegian weather forecast seems to have been reasonably ok so try that for where you want to go.
www.yr.no
Thnx
Brewy
If I leave on Thursday(afternoon or evening..) I should be in Norway by saturday morning at the latest..
Im planning Hirthals ferry to Kristinansand then to Bergen via the coast and then go inland thru Sweden
and down again via Malmo back home again.....have 12 days to do it..any thougts??
cheers
Peter

@Peter V , only 12 days ....that is gonna be a loooot of driving .

Peter.
We went Harwich to Hook of Holland overnight Friday, got to Hirtshals about eightish Sat evening. Overnight at campsite and then ferry to Kristiansand. Recommend you book the ferry. Queue in the morning was huge, right out if the terminal and back up the road for about a mile. Try to avoid Hamburg if possible, absolute nightmare with roadworks. If you have a look at the Europe Travel section I put in there where we went initially from there. As HC said, lot of driving in that time. 50mph limit max most places and bendy roads so it's not possible to cover a lot of ground quickly. Fantastic place though.
Personally wouldn't bother with Bergen in that time. Old bit by the harbour is OK but that takes about a couple of hours and it's hellish busy with folk off the cruise ships.
Have fun.

The weather forecast for the north is very difficult in summertime. July is the month with most rain. A typical day has rain, wind and 15-20 degrees. 10 days every year we have up to 30.

You know it is impossible to predict weather longer than 2 days, right?
On a 3rd day variations go insanely exponential.
When you go North always expect bad weather and rain. Always ;)

Hello Folks
Not to keen on 35 °C + in Southern europe in my calli
So I kinda want to know if someone has a more or less realible
weather forcast for the south of Sweden and Norway(maybe someone who lives there.....) , from lets say
5-20 august
I'm not to keen on all day raining and 10° also....:rolleyes:
cheers
Peter
I would go to south of sweden, it is very rare to have 10 degrees.
Österlen or Gotland is my main tips for a Cali tour.

You know it is impossible to predict weather longer than 2 days, right?
On a 3rd day variations go insanely exponential.
When you go North always expect bad weather and rain. Always ;)

Agreed. Exactly what we have found. Some days predicted good are bad and vice versa. I think we have been pretty lucky so far apart from the first week here.

Thanx Folks
I might have to burry my plans..:headbang
Its been raining over here for almost 3 consecutive days now..and she wants to feel the warmth off the sun on her skin...
Can't blame here really....We haven't had much off a summer here in Belgium to begin with..
Looking at some forecasts they all predict heavy rain next week in Southern scandinavia...
Thats more than the half off oure holiday..
We both work full time and holidays are rare....:(
Mayebe I can get here to agree , but the weather forecasts are going to be decicive..
If I was alone it wouldnt bother me that much , but hey...you know..o_O
I was planning a road trip with lots off driving ..but now it looks like its gonne be lots of
camping....
there's Always next year...
cheers
Peter

Peter, I am on vacation in italy now, will be home on swedish soil on saturday.
Go to the southern parts of sweden, not that far to drive, not much people on vacation anymore so not crowded.
http://www.gotland.net

Back