Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

AIRSCREEN

Hi Roger,

Are you happy with these screens? Which version did you go for and does anyone know if they are available in the UK anywhere?

Thanks,

Jez

If you are talking about the screen that stops the rain coming though the open window on the kitchen side of the van, then I looked at making a DIY lash-up like WG's but in the end bought one (at huge expense, it's Brandrup) from the Everything California shop. Unfortunately it hasn't rained since for me to be able to report on its effectiveness since we've had the driest April in Heaven know how many years. I can say that it is well put together and much better than my DIY efforts would have been. I plan to use the materials for something for the sliding door-side window...

Hi Roger,

Are you happy with these screens? Which version did you go for and does anyone know if they are available in the UK anywhere?

Thanks,

Jez
I do not have them, I find several shops offering more or less the same type of screens for more or less the same horrible price.. it is on my list but not top priority.

A item we use every time we stay overnight in the Cali or when our dog needs to stay in a while during the day when parked up ...exellent and secure ventilaton !
Worth every penny imo.

I saw a similar metal one that fitted in the side window (over the cooker) about 1/3rd of the opening which I thought was good, pricey as usual. Can't find it now.

Sorry all - I meant the screens for the sliding windows in the passenger compartment:
http://www.lueftungsgitter24.de/VW/.../VW-Bus-T6-Schiebefenster-links-exclusiv.html
Does anyone have these? Has anyone seen the difference between the three different versions? I think they are made by Reimo - is that right and are there any UK stockists?

Thats a diffrent link than the one in your qoute a few posts above....

Seen those irl. and they do the ventilation part probally good , but however imo. They are not waterproof as the water coming from above is not diverted to the sides but stands on top of the screen and between the screen and the window on the back of the screen is just a vilt padding glued , so water will come tru .
The ones in the side front windows are water(rain) -proof .

Also you lose light and view thru the sliding window.

Yes thanks I realise that I linked to the listing page rather than the specific item -that's why I apologised and clarified by putting in the correct link.

I'm thinking of these for our trip to Croatia in the summer - I'm expecting it to be hot sleeping in the van so looking for solutions. We already have a brandrup air safe for the boot and have wind deflectors on thef don't windows so will have the windows rolled down an inch. I'm looking at these as a way to securely provide more ventilation downstairs whilst sleeping on Aires. The 'premium' version comes with a rubber seal around it so that should solve the issue of rainwater coming in?

Thanks,

Jez

When we are teo sleeping in the van we also have them mounted, otherwise i wake up feeling like I am choked. It has nothing with how warm or cold it is outside, It seems the Cali is not letting in much fresh air in the cabin even though roof is up.
Nice product.

Yes thanks I realise that I linked to the listing page rather than the specific item -that's why I apologised and clarified by putting in the correct link.

I'm thinking of these for our trip to Croatia in the summer - I'm expecting it to be hot sleeping in the van so looking for solutions. We already have a brandrup air safe for the boot and have wind deflectors on thef don't windows so will have the windows rolled down an inch. I'm looking at these as a way to securely provide more ventilation downstairs whilst sleeping on Aires. The 'premium' version comes with a rubber seal around it so that should solve the issue of rainwater coming in?

Thanks,

Jez

Hello Jez
We went to Croatia and Slovenia last year and Croatia was as expected warm/hot. We stayed in the shade and the Brandrup thing helped too however I had the impression that staying in the shade was more important.
I also used it once in the rain: It was great! And as @kave said it helps to let fresh air into the quite "closed" van and helps to keep the humidity down.
We also bought kind of a ventilator - it helped but it is of course not AC.
Cheers
Sapto

Without adequate ventilation there is a significant change in Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide levels and Humidity levels in a "Closed" Vehicle which increases the more occupants there are. Even the Roof vents, exposed when the roof is elevated, are not really adequate.
So windows partially open or fitted with vents are, in my opinion, a must in All conditions.:thumb

Thanks for all the replies guys, really appreciated!
It sounds like a definite purchase based on the feedback - just need to decide which version! Does anyone have any experience of the Exclusiv (different paint finish and different vent slats) or the Premium (rubber seal to prevent rain ingress) versions?

Thanks,

Jez

Thanks for all the replies guys, really appreciated!
It sounds like a definite purchase based on the feedback - just need to decide which version! Does anyone have any experience of the Exclusiv (different paint finish and different vent slats) or the Premium (rubber seal to prevent rain ingress) versions?

Thanks,

Jez
Sorry, I can not compare these two versions. I would always buy the Brandrup one...