Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alternative to maxxcamp under roof storage?

Still trying to find something myself, possibly some sort of net across rear. I am also looking for a cheaper version of the rear window storage pockets, they look ideal but again at a price. Anyone come up with a cheap solution?

This looks like a shelf unit with four bolts which bolt throughout the inner roof section, then it has a sprung mesh surround to stop items falling off. It looks quite simple to replicate, I would need to look at the inner roof of a beach but I am sure it could be done for a fraction of the cost, you could consider having the shelf in 5mm Perspex and the bolts you could source from a good ironmonger, the tricky part would be the mesh surround but that could be achieves by having a chrome/painted rail. Not impossible to make.

I'd be happy with just a cargo net for now if someone can suggest a way to fix it. Would bring back memories of the cargo net we had in our t4 self build! A more permanent & aesthetically pleasing option would obviously be even better though!

Older style Beach but check out about 2 mins 40 in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8ohsWe_EbQ[/quote]

I had seen that on Google images when I searched "vw california beach cargo net" but couldn't find anywhere to buy. It looks like it fitted a non pop top version of the beach though doesn't it so not sure if it would fit?

cleve said:
Older style Beach but check out about 2 mins 40 in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8ohsWe_EbQ

I had seen that on Google images when I searched "vw california beach cargo net" but couldn't find anywhere to buy. It looks like it fitted a non pop top version of the beach though doesn't it so not sure if it would fit?[/quote]

Probably not, like the curtains i think they would be magnetic

James

Not sure if net is held in place with the side strips shown, anyone with betters eyes than me able to read the label shown on the left side?

Yes looks like it is fixed at either side, with some stifner along front & rear edges. Quit a neat idea.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

In the video that Beach hasn't got a raising roof so surely the fixings would be different but I do agree its a great idea

Alasdair

Back