Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Amazed at insurance quote

Ajspicer

Ajspicer

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Having just got ourselves a california I thought I better investigate the insurance premium for it.

We currently have a converted T5 with Cali kitchen set and other Cali mods and pay £450 a year, it is a 2006 van and is valued at £10,000

I was anticipating our new 2010 180 Cali SE to be more but having rang Comfort insurance earlier this evening I was amazed to find it is only £270 a year on vehicle worth £32,000. I am 39 and my partner is 32.

I cannot believe it!

Andrew.

I know how you feel 2 years ago I had a professionaly converted t5 it was also recognised by
Safegaurd cost me £850 a year sold it to buy a Cali £235 a year comfort :thumb I am now in my third year £265 :thumb

I was looking on the forum before I bought my California and happened to see the Comfort insurance advert. I called all the usual suspects who ended up £100's more expensive than Comfort.
They even give discounts for park sensors and rear camera's!
I insured my '13 140bhp for £253 with my wife as second driver.

When I called for a quote they were very nice to speak to-another bonus these days .

Just insured my other car with Comfort aswell as my Cali , they beat nearly all online quotes and I got full RAC cover including Europe included.

Hi All

Today i contacted Comfort Insurance for a quote, to be told that they don't do cover for the California Beach.

What that all about, Its still a vehicle you drive on the public road & requires insurance

Any one got an insurance company to recommend

Regards

Terry

Kitesurfer said:
Hi All

Today i contacted Comfort Insurance for a quote, to be told that they don't do cover for the California Beach.

What that all about, Its still a vehicle you drive on the public road & requires insurance

Regards

Terry

Terry

Despite being so on the V5 - it doesn't meet DVLA requirements to be classed as a Camper/Mptprhpme.

So Comfort won't insure it.

James

Try Coast insurance ours was 280 bucks for our california with mileage limited to 15k

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk 2

Kitesurfer said:
Hi All

Regards

Terry
I've just gone with Admiral...one of the few I could find who would cover the beach and pretty cheaply too!!

Thanks Oggle & Maul2512

for the help will contact them tomorrow

I have placed my order for a Beach delivery March 2014

Terry :D

Has anyone tried VW insurance for a quote for the Beach?? They were very good when I bought my shuttle doing it for about £280 (I'd had quotes elsewhere for £1500!!!) Now I've modified it they won't do it but modified insurance is more. As a standard VW vehicle I would think they might be worth a try?

Hi All,
I've got a 2012 Beach and initially struggled to find insurance. Admiral came to the rescue as they actually knew what a Beach was, could cope with it being the 140, not the 114 (unlike Tesco) and insured it for just under £300...
Bargain!