Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Amazing Residuals

Bibs

Bibs

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Just sold my 180 DSG California. Ive had it from new ( April 10) so 4 1/2 years ownership and it lost only 13% that equates to approx £1250 per year.

Out of interest Bibs how much did it go for? I'm wondering whether to sell mine which is similar spec/age, PM me if you'd prefer :thumb

Here's another example of amazing residuals.....2006 71,000 miles £34,000
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201407125749519
This in my mind is somewhat optimistic, especially considering the potential £4k roof repairs required (oddly not mentioned in the ad)...

The system won't let me post a pm but its not hard for you to work out. Sold it through the trade to a VW Van Centre. It had 27k miles. Ive seen newer models sold for less money. I think the guy selling the 2006 model on Autotrader is being rather optimistic but good luck to him. If he gets that money I will show my a*$e in Woolys window, as they say up North.

lol, a great expression!

I think a 2010 DSG is probably within the £33k to £37k range depending on spec and mileage. Here's a 2010 at a dealer for just shy of £40k, they will add one years used warranty but even so...
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201407316229435

VW keep raising the prices so that certainly helps, although I think they have started to become almost too popular now so I think that will eventually start to impact the prices as there are now so many cali's in the UK!

It actually just occurred to me, that link might be your ex-van!

Ha Ha it could be.

I'll take two, only 9000 miles!!

He wants to hurry up and get his roof rot registered.

I will agree that the two pre-facelifts for sale are being very optimistic, but someone might want to pay that amount, there is not much choice out there at the moment at all, which is helping, although we have 3 coming up for sale in September and five next May :cool:

Residuals on T5's in General, have never be stronger :thumb , kombi's and Cali's especially

Residuals can be a fickle mistress, so don't rely on them. When you have restricted supply, long waits for new orders etc residuals on popular vehicles are surprisingly robust (old lotus Elise, old 350z). But when they crack, they do so rapidly.

I am praying they hold firm for a bit longer yet.

Back