Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

And the shopping list for extras commences!

Squiggle

Squiggle

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I finally have a build week of 17 confirmed, which means I will be getting my lovely Cali Ocean in time for Spring Bank Holiday!

It's been a long time since the beginning of November when I placed my order, but now there's no excuse for me to start drawing up the list of 'things to buy'.
  • Tent Awning.
  • Prosecco.
  • Rubber mats for cutlery.
  • Coffee machine (already purchased).
  • Toilet/bucket for the Mrs.
  • Solar Panel.
  • Carpets.
  • Crockery.
  • Prosecco.
  • Cutlery.
  • Bedding.
  • Prosecco.
Wondering what else I've missed off the list.

WHOOP!

straws or glasses for the prosecco?

I wouldn't rush into buying the solar panels unless you are absolutely sure you will need them.

To be honest we've never done more than 3 nights anywhere without having either hookup or a lengthy drive to replenish the batteries, but in 3 years we've never even thought about solar panels.

I wouldn't rush into buying the solar panels unless you are absolutely sure you will need them.
Thanks for the heads up. I think I'm going to give it a good run and gauge how long the batteries last and go from there. However, I will likely use the van whilst working away from home and having the freedom from being away from a hookup will likely be beneficial.

Gas bottle
Crikey, I find it odd it doesn't come with one. Good job you mentioned, without my morning coffee I'm terrible company.

As a newbie when it comes to owning a camper, where do people go for their gas? I'm assuming petrol stations aren't the most economical of places to purchase.

Use ebay to locate an empty gas cylinder for a couple of quid at most, after that swap it for a full one at Go Outdoors or the like. The cost of a refill doesn't really matter when you consider how long a bottle lasts, as it is only used for the hob I work on at worst a refill once per year.

Back