Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any guitarists here???

Now that is a nice Strat! I have a fairly mint and sorted ‘79 Fender Strat 25th Anniversary in Porsche Silver btw. pic. tomorrow....
My first real guitar was a Futurama Mk11 quickly followed by a Columbus Les Paul then a white Antonia Strat. The Antonia was so expensive I may as well have bought a Fender! Anyhow... cash shortage and kids meant I had to sell it so, 40 years later, I saw one on eBay for a couple of hundred, bought it and had a refret and pro set up plus a trem block to make it hard tail. It’s fantastic!
Nice to see some guitarists here. Cali’s and guitars.... it’s the future!
Farl

View attachment 32040 Played on and off for 25 years, was in a band late 90’s that ‘almost’ hit mainstream - had some air play with John Peel then stopped for a few years. Got back in to it for fun and picked up a new American Fender Elite Strat while in New York earlier in the year. Have a great little BOSS amp that runs off batteries for the California ;)
Oh... I also have a battery boss amp. 4 speaker, drum machine built in plus various effects. Great with a Strat!
What band BTW.?
Farl

Enough said. You´re winning so far. Enlighten us.:thumb
Ha ha Self produced an album and got lucky with it being engineered by some pretty well known peps - and in the days before soundcloud / YouTube / social self promotion it was who knew. Sent it in to Radio 1, and he played it (at like 2am on a Tuesday!) had a kerrang mag review of 4k’s (Bon Jovi, reviewed same issue, 2K’s )

Now that is a nice Strat! I have a fairly mint and sorted ‘79 Fender Strat 25th Anniversary in Porsche Silver btw. pic. tomorrow....
My first real guitar was a Futurama Mk11 quickly followed by a Columbus Les Paul then a white Antonia Strat. The Antonia was so expensive I may as well have bought a Fender! Anyhow... cash shortage and kids meant I had to sell it so, 40 years later, I saw one on eBay for a couple of hundred, bought it and had a refret and pro set up plus a trem block to make it hard tail. It’s fantastic!
Nice to see some guitarists here. Cali’s and guitars.... it’s the future!
Farl
Cali campsite band!!

just out of curiosity....

I play guitar (sort of...) and plan to stick an acoustic or electric guitar in the back of the van. I have quite a few. It’s a tactile and aesthetic thing for me and, even though I am not great, I really enjoy 5 minutes of fame in my head. Classic Rock and modern rock, blues.... anything really, i’ll give it a go.
Does anyone else share my hobby?
Perhaps you could post a sound clip if you do. You show me yours and i’ll Show you mine....
Farl
I play rhythm in a dads pub covers band - happy to form a Cali band ........

Yup, I like a ‘plinky plonk’ most days. I have a couple of Ovations and a good Japanese copy of a Les Paul ‘Black Beauty’. Been playing now for fifty years and still rubbish!

Trying to learn ‘Travis Picking’ for the last year. Very satisfying once you get the knack...good for arthritis in the fingers too.

Never thought of ‘going on the road’ with guitar packed in Cali...not sure I should inflict my repertoire on fellow campers.

After 50 years you most definitely should get in a band!

After 50 years perhaps getting a cali band together is just what you need!

image.jpg
Here’s one of my favourites. A 2003 Gibson Les Paul std Goldtop. It had a ding on the front so I had it resprayed a darker Gold. It is as heavy as hell but an awesome guitar!
Farl

just out of curiosity....

I play guitar (sort of...) and plan to stick an acoustic or electric guitar in the back of the van. I have quite a few. It’s a tactile and aesthetic thing for me and, even though I am not great, I really enjoy 5 minutes of fame in my head. Classic Rock and modern rock, blues.... anything really, i’ll give it a go.
Does anyone else share my hobby?
Perhaps you could post a sound clip if you do. You show me yours and i’ll Show you mine....
Farl
Not me, but hubby does always take his guitar whenever we go, a acoustic one. It rests on top of our 2 duvalays on the top shelf in the back. He only plays it when there are no close by neighbors. But people do seem to enjoy a bit of live music at the campsite. He even managed to get some fans on several trips.
Me myself I like to listen, but also think that it would be much easier if he played a mouth organ....

Not me, but hubby does always take his guitar whenever we go, a acoustic one. It rests on top of our 2 duvalays on the top shelf in the back. He only plays it when there are no close by neighbors. But people do seem to enjoy a bit of live music at the campsite. He even managed to get some fans on several trips.
Me myself I like to listen, but also think that it would be much easier if he played a mouth organ....
Sounds idyllic....
Farl

Back