Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any guitarists here???

Farley

Farley

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
just out of curiosity....

I play guitar (sort of...) and plan to stick an acoustic or electric guitar in the back of the van. I have quite a few. It’s a tactile and aesthetic thing for me and, even though I am not great, I really enjoy 5 minutes of fame in my head. Classic Rock and modern rock, blues.... anything really, i’ll give it a go.
Does anyone else share my hobby?
Perhaps you could post a sound clip if you do. You show me yours and i’ll Show you mine....
Farl

Well, I sort of play. Almost everyday, just a little bit when I have a moment. Very relaxing (at least for my own ears). Thought of bringing an acoustic in the car, but space is too limited. At least Iben gets this strange look when I talk about it … maybe it is not just about space after all – I guess its just something I have for myself then ;-)

Did play as a kid, and was not really active for decades. Byt last year I took it up again.

just out of curiosity....

I play guitar (sort of...) and plan to stick an acoustic or electric guitar in the back of the van. I have quite a few. It’s a tactile and aesthetic thing for me and, even though I am not great, I really enjoy 5 minutes of fame in my head. Classic Rock and modern rock, blues.... anything really, i’ll give it a go.
Does anyone else share my hobby?
Perhaps you could post a sound clip if you do. You show me yours and i’ll Show you mine....
Farl

It's the ukulele for me - and it fits perfectly in the overhead cupboard!!

I've got aTaylor GS Mini - a travel guitar so it fits nicely between the front seats when they're swivelled when in its case :)

Count me in...(pun intended). We need a Cali compatible guitar that would fit in the wardrobe......and screw the campsite neighbours if they don't like my style :Stig

Yup, I like a ‘plinky plonk’ most days. I have a couple of Ovations and a good Japanese copy of a Les Paul ‘Black Beauty’. Been playing now for fifty years and still rubbish!

Trying to learn ‘Travis Picking’ for the last year. Very satisfying once you get the knack...good for arthritis in the fingers too.

Never thought of ‘going on the road’ with guitar packed in Cali...not sure I should inflict my repertoire on fellow campers.

I also try to play a bit but it stays at home as takes up valuable room in the van.

Ha ha, out of the closet now!
Sausage fingered plinky plonky plucking but I enjoy it. Not sure if anyone else does so,
on that note........keep meaning to take small amp out in van as far away from anywhere as possible and play Seagull to the seagulls on my Strat. Also a good use for the towel rail on the back? Guitar carrier?
Off to see Joe Satriani end of month for a dose of a genius playing.
Back in cupboard.
:cheers

I always take an old classic guitar with me. It is lightweight, smallish and its soft tone fits in the natural camping environments I prefer. I play for myself though.
Although space never was a problem I recently bought a 12-string Vintage Travel Viato Traveler steel string that is even lighter and smaller than the classical one. A gem! But I probably won't take it to the heat of Spain and the Provence, it's too valuable for me.

Yup, I like a ‘plinky plonk’ most days. I have a couple of Ovations and a good Japanese copy of a Les Paul ‘Black Beauty’. Been playing now for fifty years and still rubbish!

Trying to learn ‘Travis Picking’ for the last year. Very satisfying once you get the knack...good for arthritis in the fingers too.

Never thought of ‘going on the road’ with guitar packed in Cali...not sure I should inflict my repertoire on fellow campers.
I also am not that great and also have a Black Beauty. Mine is the Jimmy Page BB Les Paul Custom made in the Gibson Custom shop. It's a hard tail and one of only 50 in the world. An eBay purchase on my 50th Birthday! My 60th Birthday present to myself was the California Beach.....
Never tried Travis Picking myself, I'm a bit more er.... "free form" LOL probably not patient enough.
I'll post a sound clip when I get back into the UK (in Spain for work at the moment).

Farl

Hendrix strat replica, left hooker. A great stress buster. Amp set to 11 etc.

Not campsite friendly sadly.

Ha ha, out of the closet now!
Sausage fingered plinky plonky plucking but I enjoy it. Not sure if anyone else does so,
on that note........keep meaning to take small amp out in van as far away from anywhere as possible and play Seagull to the seagulls on my Strat. Also a good use for the towel rail on the back? Guitar carrier?
Off to see Joe Satriani end of month for a dose of a genius playing.
Back in cupboard.
:cheers
Wow! Enjoy Satriani! I'm OK with the first minute or so of Surfing with the Alien then I simply can do no more!

Farl

We should form a band...perhaps we could call ourselves ‘Limited Ability’!

Just imagine gigging up and down the M1 with a Cali full of groupies...it not going to happen is it!

I mostly play bass these days but I usually take a Martin Backpacker guitar on camping trips.

We should form a band...perhaps we could call ourselves ‘Limited Ability’!

Just imagine gigging up and down the M1 with a Cali full of groupies...it not going to happen is it!
I wish....
Farl

Actually.... can I post a sound clip here?
Might drive a couple of members away though...
Farl

Hendrix strat replica, left hooker. A great stress buster. Amp set to 11 etc.

Not campsite friendly sadly.
Actually.... I took an Antoria body (right handed), had it sorted and re-sprayed Olympic white... I then put a left handed neck on it from a Left handed Mexican Strat and bought some pick ups from the lady that wired Hendrix’s pick ups (Abigail Ybarra) to make a right handed Hendrix Strat and guess what! It was......... pish! Worst guitar I ever played! Honestly! I sold the neck to a proper guitarist (Mark Chapman of “A” ...... a leftie) and the rest is in my office.
Glad yours is good though! Vans and guitars are a great mix in my humble opinion.

2E46ED7A-9144-451D-8BE0-F671B947BA9E.jpeg Played on and off for 25 years, was in a band late 90’s that ‘almost’ hit mainstream - had some air play with John Peel then stopped for a few years. Got back in to it for fun and picked up a new American Fender Elite Strat while in New York earlier in the year. Have a great little BOSS amp that runs off batteries for the California ;)

Back