Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any idea what this is off?

DM

DM

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Does anyone know what this is / where it comes from? I found it in the kitchen cupboard just after picking up my Cali. I've had a good look around all the kitchen fittings and I can't see anything like it. It was found next to two other parts (second photo). I've identified these as parts of two of the grommets that hold the pan rest above the burner.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'm at the dealer for other warranty aspects on Monday but I'm not confident they'll know what the bracket thing is.

somewhere there is a old post with bits and bobs found in new cali's

I've not seen a bracket like that in mine.

84 is a bolt holding a bracket ( 74)from the waste water tank
In this pic , looks like something else

image.jpeg

Just had my head underneeth and no sign off your shown piece

Thanks HC - no it's nothing like that. I'll see if the dealer can shed any light on Monday.

Last edited:
The grommets are available from the club shop if you have no joy with VW.

• Thanks
Reactions: DM
Mystery solved. The L-shaped bracket is a stop off the back of the left hand kitchen cupboard door. it is intended to stop the doors sliding over each other.

IMG_2328.JPG

Apparently the dealer was not allowed to re-rivet it on because VW will not supply the specific rivets as a VW part number. So they had to replace the door at cost (under warranty) of £400. Is that a record in terms of the cost of the assembly replaced for the sake of a couple of rivets costing pennies each?

Last edited:
Good to know it's solved .
Shame i did not noticed it , i sticked my head i the damn wardrobe and did not see it ...:confused:

Reactions: DM
Mystery solved. The L-shaped bracket is a stop off the back of the left hand kitchen cupboard door. it is intended to stop the doors sliding over each other.
thanks @DM - I just found that bracket in my cupboard also. Thankfully your post from 2 years ago was here as a guide. I'll raise this as a warranty topic at my next visit to the dealer. thankyou.

Back