Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any recommendations for tow bar fit?

C

CarolS

VIP Member
Are there any recommendations for any good fitters for fitting a tow bar to a 2013 VW California which does not have the tow bar prep. We live in Cornwall so ideally looking for somewhere between Exeter and Truro. I know it can be done through VW but was hoping to find somewhere that would be cheaper. The tow bar is required for a bike rack. Currently we have a VW rear bike rack, which in our old age is proving challenging to get 2 bikes on (1 of which is an ebike). TVM

I would advise getting the approved VW one fitted which is made by Westfalia.
Westfalia have a fitting centre in Bristol if you fancy a day in the city, so you don't need to go to the dealer for this.

Do also get the right electrics installed, which interconnect with the vans computer correctly.

Alan

I called the westfalia centre in Bristol last week, unfortunalty they are closing - might even have been Friday. Spoke with a very nice lady who said they are now concentrating in supplying local fitters/garages. Shame as I had intended to go to Bristol for fitting.
Carlos, have you tried MAL-VW in Cornwall; before buying the Cali I looked at all options of conversions and they came high on my list, I think they are an approved seller for new VW and service - might be worth a call

I called the westfalia centre in Bristol last week, unfortunalty they are closing - might even have been Friday. Spoke with a very nice lady who said they are now concentrating in supplying local fitters/garages. Shame as I had intended to go to Bristol for fitting.
Carlos, have you tried MAL-VW in Cornwall; before buying the Cali I looked at all options of conversions and they came high on my list, I think they are an approved seller for new VW and service - might be worth a call

So Bristol is out then! Thanks for info on MAL-VW in Cornwall. I will try and find their details on line and then give them a call. Living in the far SW has its advantages but it is certainly restricts options when it comes to wanting something like this fitted to a Cali☹️.

I would advise getting the approved VW one fitted which is made by Westfalia.
Westfalia have a fitting centre in Bristol if you fancy a day in the city, so you don't need to go to the dealer for this.

Do also get the right electrics installed, which interconnect with the vans computer correctly.

Alan

Thanks for the reply but as you will see from below it looks as if the centre in Bristol is closing. Hey ho back to the drawings board.

Are there any recommendations for any good fitters for fitting a tow bar to a 2013 VW California which does not have the tow bar prep. We live in Cornwall so ideally looking for somewhere between Exeter and Truro. I know it can be done through VW but was hoping to find somewhere that would be cheaper. The tow bar is required for a bike rack. Currently we have a VW rear bike rack, which in our old age is proving challenging to get 2 bikes on (1 of which is an ebike). TVM
P F Jones. Westfalia agents. Can fit and programme to your California.

They have agents, to fit, in Truro and Exeter.

https://www.pfjones.co.uk/towbar-fitting-mobile-services/towbar-fitting-truro.html

Thank you, that's very helpful. I will contact both dealers to see how they compare on price.

Back