Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stormforce car cover

fordyski100

fordyski100

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Anyone purchased a Stormforce fitted car cover for there California ?
I am trying to work out if the normal (short wheel base version ) will fit over the awning and fitted bike rack .
One suggestion has been to purchase the long wheel base cover , but then I'm worried it will be too big and flap in the wind causing paint damage?
Anyone had any experience with this ? Or if anyone has experienced problems by fitting a cover during winter months i.e. paint rubs , then i would appreciate feedback
Thanks
Ian

I have a cover tailor made for my old 335d Touring - it fits perfectly but I didn't like it in strong winds - despite two straps that go underneath the car, it still flapped and although I never saw direct paint damage, I wasn't 100% sure it was okay.

However I'd use one if I parked it under trees and was less exposed to wind; I still use mine on the smaller BM when I store it but that's in a barn. It's nice to come back a month later to a totally pristine car. If I left it here for that long, it would be plastered in salt and seagull cack!

So I'd say it depends on your circumstances - don't forget that once it's on, with most covers you can't open the doors. And with the Cali being quite high, I'd say a cover would be hard work to put on - with the car I stick the cover on the roof then work "down" covering various bits up.

One of the other problems with car covers, they can hold the damp air under the cover. With changes in temperature & humidity it can take a while for the air within the cover to equate with that outside.
The experts suggest that a Car Port is the best protection with a wall on the prevailing wind aspect.