Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are Alcantara seat covers from California Camping suitable for for Cali Ocean

S

Sue G

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I just wondered whether anyone had bought these Alcantara seat covers from California Camping for the T6 Cali Ocean. On the company's website they say that they are for T5 and T6 California "Comfortline/SE" but I wasn't sure whether Comfortline was the same as Ocean.

Also does anyone have any experience of dealing with this company, quality of their seat covers. I noticed that their prices were in euros as they are based over in Germany and was unsure how that worked when paying for them.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

I just wondered whether anyone had bought these Alcantara seat covers from California Camping for the T6 Cali Ocean. On the company's website they say that they are for T5 and T6 California "Comfortline/SE" but I wasn't sure whether Comfortline was the same as Ocean.

Also does anyone have any experience of dealing with this company, quality of their seat covers. I noticed that their prices were in euros as they are based over in Germany and was unsure how that worked when paying for them.

Any thoughts gratefully received.
Hi Sue, I have the alcantara seat covers from this company and they are compatible with the T6 Ocean. The company is easy to deal with but service will be faster if you phone first (Uli is the owner) and discuss your order. Uli will also confirm that he has fit tested the seat covers on his own Cali. I am sure if you click on the Union Jack on the website that the prices will show in GBP but I could be confusing this with another site.

The seat covers are good quality and so are the carpets however the covers are a bit of a pain to fit but soon forgotten when done. I don't have any hesitatIon in recommending the covers or the company. Also mention the forum on the phone for 10% off the order.

Hi JonnyP,
That's brilliant info, thank you. As you already have the seat covers perhaps you could confirm whether the black of the black and grey ones (shown in his photo) are a very dark black or more of a grey/brown black as they look quite a soft black colour in the photos. Sorry, only a woman would ask this question!
Many thanks

Also, sorry more questions, how long did it take you to fit the covers as you mentioned they were a bit tricky to fit.

I have also been looking at these but I am unable to see if they are air bag tested or not?

Also, sorry more questions, how long did it take you to fit the covers as you mentioned they were a bit tricky to fit.
I think it took at approx 3hrs and an extra pair of hands helps, the most tricky part was removing the plastic skirt at the back of the front seats, great care is needed so that the retaining clips are not damaged. Bradnrup do a seat cover fitting tool which does help to tuck the covers into the plastic mouldings of the seats.

I have also been looking at these but I am unable to see if they are air bag tested or not?
The seats are airbag compatible, the covers have the airbag labels stitched into the seams.

Hi JonnyP,
That's brilliant info, thank you. As you already have the seat covers perhaps you could confirm whether the black of the black and grey ones (shown in his photo) are a very dark black or more of a grey/brown black as they look quite a soft black colour in the photos. Sorry, only a woman would ask this question!
Many thanks
I have the black / black colour and they are definitely more black than grey or brown. Photos can be deceptive however there are some photos on another thread on this forum about alcantara.

I saw some factory fitted alcantara seats (black/black) on a show room caravelle and the seat covers are a little bit lighter in colour than this.

Hi Johnny,
Many thanks, that's really helpful.