Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are Alcantara seats worth while?

Jerseyroberts

Jerseyroberts

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
hello,

We added alcantara moonrock seats onto an order at the last minute. We like moonrock but are worried the fabric cloth would wear quicker. We have two young kids and expect a good amount of climbing over seats etc.

Does anyone have Alcantara moonrock seats and know if they last well? We plan to hold onto the van for over 10 years so are not too worried about re sale but would these seats be a positive or negative do you think?

Thanks

We had Alcantra seats in our Caravelle exec in the dark grey. We had the velle for 5 years was used everyday and more than 10 camping holidays with 4 kids. My eldest daughter was sick all over the seats but cleaned up,as good as new.

We have the cloth moonrock in our Beach and is looking a bit grubby after 18 months.

We have the alcantra moon rock in our ocean, our last trip the bench seat was christened with coffee and a pot of tea. Soaked up immediately with a cloth both times and dried - not a mark. We do cover with a blanket normally but that had been removed after the coffee incident.. will remember to put tea pot away before setting off next time!!!!!

Thanks for the responses above. So far it sounds positive for the alcantara seats.

The feedback on the forum is generally very positive for Alcantara. I had them on my T6 but live with a mucky dog that likes to ride on the seats, so I had to cover them. If it's just kids you are worried about, they should be great.

Do the Alcantara or similar leather look seats scratch easily? Anyone got these and have a dog with them?
I have waterproof seat covers with vet bed to make it more cosy. Some of the leather style materials (not sure about Alacantra) are not waterproof, so if you’re dog likes swimming and you let them on the seats, then you need a covering...

They seem to be easy to clean but I’m wondering if they are left uncovered will they scratch easily from day to day use or dogs? Got a small dog that likes to get in between the kids on the seat or jump on the passenger seat.

Do the Alcantara or similar leather look seats scratch easily? Anyone got these and have a dog with them?

Can recommend the Inka waterproof covers. They were fitted by the previous owner of our van since new, now covered 18,000 miles and they still look unmarked despite constant abuse.

YES
one of the best options I added .... and it looks nicer too ... still looks pristine after 9 years ...though dog never allowed on her place was the floor!

Hoping to leave uncovered ideally if spending the extra on a nicer seat look.

Back