Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are the beach lights really that bad?

Dont see it as often as I used to, although some folks I think use them as DRLs instead.

I do wish I had the turning lights on mine, I need to add fogs but I suspect the turning part is expensive to add after the fact.
I think it is just a function of VCDS coding once the fog lights are fitted using a VW wiring loom and switch.

Who needs more visibility that 3 metres at night, makes it more fun! Just follow the cats eyes or if no cats eyes, the red brake lights in front :oops: :oops: :oops:

Who needs more visibility that 3 metres at night, makes it more fun! Just follow the cats eyes or if no cats eyes, the red brake lights in front :oops: :oops: :oops:
LOL if you've only got 3m visibility then there is definitely something wrong with your lights. On the flip side for the less legal LED lights, knowing every driver coming the other way is blind adds an equally exhilarating edge to the proceedings.

In all seriousness I think most of the dazzlers today are due to dodgy upgrade kits from amazon and ebay that arent legal rather than factory fitted stuff.

If everyone drove with their rear fogs on ALL the time (instead of just the 2 weeks following a light mist) that would make following easier.

I think it is just a function of VCDS coding once the fog lights are fitted using a VW wiring loom and switch.
I think you need a particular body control module to be compatible, no idea if mine is. I think that is the expensive part if you dont have the right one.

Dont see it as often as I used to, although some folks I think use them as DRLs instead.

I do wish I had the turning lights on mine, I need to add fogs but I suspect the turning part is expensive to add after the fact.
Turning lights from T6 on may have gotten better, but my T5.1 ones are a joke. Every time they go on, I think, VW, bless your heart.

We have the tuning lights on our beach, I’ve had two different people in the last month text me to say one of my lights isn’t working! I then have to explain that it’s supposed to do that round corners...non car people are like; What? Really? Why?...and why do they stay on after the corner is gone?....I don’t know! I can’t see from where I’m sitting!

Generally cornering lights make little difference except when you’re down those dark lanes having arrived late looking for whatsits farm campsite with children complaining in the back, having had a couple of arguments with the wife! Then when you can see that small homemade sign on the road corner, you think to yourself- those cornering lights were worth the £300 or whatever VW charged for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice aesthetically Matthew, but i don't think they are xenon tbh. They will be a standard incandescent bulb with a fish eye projector lens, so you will probably still be at square 1 from a vision point of view? Maybe you could add some HD bulbs/filaments to increase the brightness?

Incidental problem encountered by those who have fitted cheap LED bulbs to replace Halogen ones is that the LED bulb internal electronics creates 'noise' which wipes out DAB radio reception.
In addition to poor light focus causing dazzle and Canbus errors.

Don't confuse smart looking DRL LED displays with improved headlight performance.
I wasnt under any illusion, I find the current headlights fine, I just would like the van to look nicer.

Ive been pondering some Caravelle headlights, they look nicer without being blingy.

like so found on google search
IMG_6433+sml.jpg

Back