Areas in the midlands to try out awning / picnics

• Thread starter California Dreamer
  • Start date
California Dreamer

California Dreamer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi I’m expecting my cinch tent and campervan connector this week and would like to try it all out before going away on holiday. Does anyone have advice on places to park in the midlands (I’m in south bham) where I would have space to do this and not get kicked out for looking like a ‘traveller’? Any good van picnic spots? My other option is to book a cheap site and not stay over - unfortunately I don’t have any nights free for camping before we set off for France. Many thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're in the National Trust, you could try Packwood House.
NT seem fairly relaxed if they're not too busy and if you park at the far end of the carpark (away from the House).
They know they're going to lock the gates at 5:30pm.

Hartlebury Common near Stourport or Castlemorton Common (Possibly better) near Malvern, both a nice drive out for a picnic on a Sunny day. No 'overnight' camping at either but may suit your purpose.

Last edited:
Licky hills

Hi I’m expecting my cinch tent and campervan connector this week and would like to try it all out before going away on holiday. Does anyone have advice on places to park in the midlands (I’m in south bham) where I would have space to do this and not get kicked out for looking like a ‘traveller’? Any good van picnic spots? My other option is to book a cheap site and not stay over - unfortunately I don’t have any nights free for camping before we set off for France. Many thanks!

Hi CD,
I gave our Outdoor Revolution Air-beam Driveaway to the guy who bought our T6 Ocean, (It was good, but took up so much luggage space & was such a faff to erect & take down again).
We recently took delivery of our T6.1 Ocean & I now have the Cinch Hub, not even taken it out of the bag yet, bought it on the strength of seeing a lady pitching one next to us some time ago, and I was very impressed. She had actually made a connector which attached to the roll out awning front strip. I will be very interested to see the Cinch one attached to the Cali so all pics & comments appreciated please, this will help me to decide whether to commit to the Connector or not.
Thanks in anticipation

Thanks everyone for the suggestions I go to packwood and lickey hills quite regularly but was unsure if they would allow me to put up a tent, the other places are new to me, pleased to add them to my list of picnic spots! I’ll definitely try it out and give feedback as soon as I can after it arrives :)

Hi CD,
I gave our Outdoor Revolution Air-beam Driveaway to the guy who bought our T6 Ocean, (It was good, but took up so much luggage space & was such a faff to erect & take down again).
We recently took delivery of our T6.1 Ocean & I now have the Cinch Hub, not even taken it out of the bag yet, bought it on the strength of seeing a lady pitching one next to us some time ago, and I was very impressed. She had actually made a connector which attached to the roll out awning front strip. I will be very interested to see the Cinch one attached to the Cali so all pics & comments appreciated please, this will help me to decide whether to commit to the Connector or not.
Thanks in anticipation

Just had notification that my much awaited cinch tent and connector is apparently held up at customs so revised delivery date is 14-18 August. I’ll post pics when it finally arrives!

To continue this thread our cinch tent finally arrived today (just in time for our trip to france tomorrow!) we tried it in the garden and it’s brilliant, very easy to put up and down with the helpful instructions. I also got the groundsheet, which I would say is fairly essential unless you just want a gazebo. The campervan connector came free (deal at NEC show) looks well made but I don’t think we’ll need it on this holiday as weather looks good and I’d rather step out of the van into the fresh air!

Back