Arrival Soon?

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi all,

Just been advised that our California has been competed (Build W2) and is "now in transit to the Port of Germany" ?
Any idea what port that is as they did not know, and approximately how long it will take to reach the dealer.
Can I track the boat.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Just been advised that our California has been competed (Build W2) and is "now in transit to the Port of Germany" ?
Any idea what port that is as they did not know, and approximately how long it will take to reach the dealer.
Can I track the boat.

Thanks in advance.
The port is emden and you can roughly track the boats on a marine tracker app. You soon see which ones go in and out of the port.

The port is emden and you can roughly track the boats on a marine tracker app. You soon see which ones go in and out of the port.
Hi Rich, thanks for that, maybe they will let me know when it sets sail.

Sounds like your CaliO will be with you very soon ;)

In our case, once the Cali left the factory, VW had no further info; although they did give me the name of the ship it was going on and I was able to track it on https://www.vesselfinder.com.

It took day or so to get to the UK once it set sail and then another 2 weeks (ish) to get to dealership, although this was over the Xmas period so it may have taken longer to get from the port in the UK to our dealership; will probably be quicker for you.

I went to view it last week and I'm picking it up on next Monday :thumb

I 'tracked' my van via the live chat with VWCV -- it seems like the VW computer system is updated daily, so was behind what was actually happening.

By the time they told me that the van was on the ship, I tracked it and it was going in the opposite direction (see screen shot below)/. Had left Newcastle on its way back to Emden.

The people on the end of the live chat were reasonably helpful - some had to be pressed for more info than others.

So in the end the van arrived (at the dealer) than the tracking might have suggested.

was quite fun to have the daily chats though....

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 15.39.29.png

I always understood that the English Channel is the busiest shipping route, this picture shows it perfectly.

Back