Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recommendations for fridge for 2 seater Beach please

@Crell After reading all the fridge related threads we also decided to go for the TB18 due to being able to fit between the front seats and suitable internal capacity for our needs.

However, possibly similar to @super_mooper post earlier our temperature fluctuation; 3oC SET, 1oC LOW (-2oC), 6oC HIGH (+3oC) I’d consider frequent as this is over a 8min 40sec PERIOD of which 5m 40s POWERED OFF, 3m POWERED ON. This is at 19oC ambient temperature.

Please could you let me know how this compares to your units performance?
... I should also have mentioned that this is with a completely full already chilled (for 15 hours) contents.

I love my Dometic compressor 21 litre fridge. It's so spacious and reliable and works for up to 4/5 days of the leisure battery. I bought it as it was highly recommended by the guys from Campfire Magazine which also gave a Beach.

View attachment 47736
We agree the Dometic fridges are fabulous. We've been running a 36 litre for the last month & can't recommend it highly enough :)

@Crell After reading all the fridge related threads we also decided to go for the TB18 due to being able to fit between the front seats and suitable internal capacity for our needs.

However, possibly similar to @super_mooper post earlier our temperature fluctuation; 3oC SET, 1oC LOW (-2oC), 6oC HIGH (+3oC) I’d consider frequent as this is over a 8min 40sec PERIOD of which 5m 40s POWERED OFF, 3m POWERED ON. This is at 19oC ambient temperature.

Please could you let me know how this compares to your units performance?

Hi sorry this is a slow reply! Ours (Indel TB15) is very unpredictable... seems to sit within a couple of degrees of the preset most of the time but can suddenly jump up to 9-10 degrees for half a day or so. Doesn’t seem to have anything to do with how full it is, how low we program it, or whether on or off hookup. Currently off hookup but using a large ice pack in the fridge as we’re on a site with freezer... unsurprisingly, this has helped a lot, but has reduced capacity. I’ve also bought a thermometer which does suggest it’s colder inside the bottom of the main compartment than it thinks. Will probably still be contacting the manufacturer after this trip though. Given that it also doesn’t fit between the seats as we’d hoped (we still don’t know how others have managed this!) I wish we’d gone for the 18l Dometic instead.

Hi all, been jumping around the forum off and on over the past few months since purchasing a used T5 Beach in Australia and been finding some invaluable advice. One thing I have been looking at particular have been the threads on fridges, especially any that fit between the 2 front seats.
I may have found something here in Aus that others may not be aware of and I am heavily thinking of purchasing. It's a 15L fridge by Bushman that comes in at 22cm wide.

Link below:

Hi all, by way of an update I found a similar fridge for half the price. I have had it for a couple weeks now and works great. Link is below:

Working well for us. Good compromise. We can fit enough food in for a family of 4 for a couple of days especially if we buy e.g. sausages from counter rather than in giant plastic packet. Can use the handbrake. Rather cramped but we have an automatic so don't need to much!

Hi Emma, your option looks like the perfect fit for us. Just one Q - i see it's only 12/24V. So it just powers from the lighter socket and the main battery? I'm picking up a T6 Beach in 2 weeks, so I'm still not up to speed on all the technical details!
Cheers
Julian

Hi Emma, your option looks like the perfect fit for us. Just one Q - i see it's only 12/24V. So it just powers from the lighter socket and the main battery? I'm picking up a T6 Beach in 2 weeks, so I'm still not up to speed on all the technical details!
Cheers
Julian
Hi Julian, just seen your post. We’ve got an IndelB fridge that sits between the two front seats in the Beach. It is a 12/24v so came with the lighter socket plug. However, you can buy a 240 to 12V converter which plugs into a normal socket and has a lighter socket on it that the fridge can plug into. We used our fridge in the house during lockdown as a drinks fridge. It was on constantly for about 3 months. Halfords and many camping supply shops sell the adapters, they don’t cost much.

Hi Julian, just seen your post. We’ve got an IndelB fridge that sits between the two front seats in the Beach. It is a 12/24v so came with the lighter socket plug. However, you can buy a 240 to 12V converter which plugs into a normal socket and has a lighter socket on it that the fridge can plug into. We used our fridge in the house during lockdown as a drinks fridge. It was on constantly for about 3 months. Halfords and many camping supply shops sell the adapters, they don’t cost much.
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm actually picking up a LHD Beach in Italy. Before commiting to the expensive option want to check that the handbrake positioning on the LHD doesn't take up more space than the RHD. I may take the 14 litre Halfords option in the meantime!

BTW you have the Indel B 18L version?

BTW you have the Indel B 18L version?
Yes the 18l and it serves us well. We got it on an amazon warehouse deal after much shopping around and reading of reviews. We did try the Halfords 14 litre cool box first. Got it home plugged it in and decided immediately that it was too loud for us so took it back.

I recently purchased a indel b 18l, very quiet, chills quickly too.
Managed to find a place that had some and cheaper than amazon even with delivery.

Hi, we've got a 2 seater Beach and have a Dometic CFX35 which fits between the end of the storage locker and the back of the passenger seat. Loads of room in it, and really quiet. Highly recommended

Andrew

Hi, we've got a 2 seater Beach and have a Dometic CFX35 which fits between the end of the storage locker and the back of the passenger seat. Loads of room in it, and really quiet. Highly recommended

Andrew
That’s the one we have, it swallows lots of stuff brilliantly for an extended trip away.

Yes the 18l and it serves us well. We got it on an amazon warehouse deal after much shopping around and reading of reviews. We did try the Halfords 14 litre cool box first. Got it home plugged it in and decided immediately that it was too loud for us so took it back.
Excellent. I'm convinced that 18L will be perfect for us. I'll hold off on Halfords solution and wait for an offer on Amazon Warehouse. Thanks!

Hi everyone,

This is pretty much my first post, so go easy! :)

I realise this seems to be an evergreen subject, I have searched and found some answers, but still have a few questions which don't seem to have been covered, or perhaps I'm just looking at it slightly differently.

I have a 2018 T6 California Beach 30 Edition, with the 3 seater bench.

We have a 40L fridge, which is good for shopping trips, but takes up loads of room. For when we're travelling (2+ a dog) I've been looking for something more space efficient. I've found the Dometic CFF 20 The dimensions in mm are 283wide 430H 660L, the inside volume is 21L It's a really a nicely made product, and seems made to fit between the front seats... except, the gap is not quite wide enough... There is a previous model, the CF26 which is 260mm wide, so maybe a better option... but still too wide currently.

Helpful photos in Jonathon Dukes' post here show the model that fits "unaided" between the front seats (CF11), but that's really too small (10.5L) for what I'm looking for.

So my question is, what can be done to make more space available between the front seats?

First things first - the handbrake. This seems to be a design failure - takes up too much room, can't swivel the seats with it in use, and I next to never use it, as I have an automatic.
Could the handbrake be relocated to the outside of the driver's seat?
Seems to me that this would not be so complicated to achieve - Remove the handbrake, create a bracket on the other side (there's plenty of room). I would need to re-route the cable (and the cable would need to be longer too) Does this sound feasible? Mine is LHD as I'm based in Switzerland, I could even order a RHD seat base and that would have the bracket already installed on the left side. What would be the MOT implications? (anyone familiar with the Swiss system, please speak up :) Or I could simply slice off the existing bracket and relocate it to the outside of the seat base.

Then the other issue is the various wheels for adjusting the seat rake and hardness - these stick out into the middle too. Is it possible to swap the driver's and passenger's seats, thereby moving these wheels to the outsides of each seat? Possible issue here is if there are airbags in the seats (how can you tell??) then that would obviously be a no-go. Secondly, the seat belt buckle sockets would need to be refitted to the insides - not sure how realistic that is to do?

So, any thoughts / comments would be really appreciated.

Cheers, Giles

After months of trying to find a compressor fridge for under our 2 seater beach multiflex, I’ve finally found it. Perfect height and depth and with our modified board we have perfect access.

Fridge has an LG compressor and Bluetooth app to set temp. It’s 30l and goes down to -20oC and was only £265.

EDF7B2B4-F505-4612-9C38-1E36EA583DE0.jpeg

328985CC-F1AF-41B8-B627-0277B46711CD.jpeg

17FB940A-C2EE-422A-ABDB-377A274E227E.jpeg

There are not noisy at all, we wanted more space so for one for sale

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

How much would you want for it, and where abouts are you? thx

How much would you want for it, and where abouts are you? thx
We are in Leeds, looking for £100. I can send you actual images once home as on way back from Fowey in Weston Supermare tonight.

We are in Leeds, looking for £100. I can send you actual images once home as on way back from Fowey in Weston Supermare tonight.

Hi, do you still have the CDF 11? I'm in Leeds and would be keen to take it off your hands if you do. Thanks Rachael

Back