Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Atera Strada DL3 towbar clearance issues

It's a good point. A friend of my wife bought a Cali and an Atera Strada recently and she also can't install the rack on her own. It is a bit unwieldy to fit and worth trying before you buy if you can. The Atera promo video I remember seeing made it look easy but it is fairly heavy.

I never added the fourth bike attachment as I always threw my daughter's bike in the boot. As shes on a 26" bike now though that will change. I'll try the "free" VW rack I had thrown in to my deal and see how we get on and if not, I'll go back to the Strada as it's a known quantity for me.
@Crell you can always sell the VW on this forum. There are a lot of people that prefer the look of having a rack on the back door and differentiating from Multivans! The Atera one does make parking in standard spaces more challenging too.

I bought this rack recently and I can’t seem to put the rack back in locked position, with three bikes loaded, without going back and forth a few times until I manage to combine enough force and direction. Do I need to let loose with a WD40 can or am I am doing something wrong?

I bought this rack recently and I can’t seem to put the rack back in locked position, with three bikes loaded, without going back and forth a few times until I manage to combine enough force and direction. Do I need to let loose with a WD40 can or am I am doing something wrong?
it requires a good shove, to lock it in, WD40 won’t hurt

Look on the bottom, there’s a spring clip. Mine rarely makes full contact.
Push rack back to lock position, reach down and pull the spring clip forward slightly. It should lock into place. If it doesn’t, the rack hasn’t located far enough back.