Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Atera Strada DL3 3 cycle carrier

Norfolk Jim

Norfolk Jim

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Having purchased a couple of Giant Explorer eBikes, I found sadly upon collection that our existing tow bar mounted carrier isn't suitable. Whilst the carrier is very strong and rated by Atera to take 3 bikes max 45kg or 4 bikes max 63kg (using the extension rail - not included) each of the new bikes weigh between 22.5 and 25kg so on the limit so i didn't want to take the risk of being overloaded. Whilst I know it is very strong and more than capable of taking both the bikes the rails are too close for Ebike (which are that bit wider than normal bikes). I therefore ended up having to source a new one that allowed access to the rear and after a lot of research there was only one, again made by Atera called the Genio Pro which takes 2 eBIkes up to 30kg each but is a real cracker (it tilts by nearly 85 deg with bikes on) apart from the price at £675!!!!! Thankfully when I spoke to Roofbox they had a return in stock which set me back £100 less............................so I now have this Strada DL3 for sale.

Although I've had it for around 5 years it's only been used about 8 times with 2 lightweight bikes on it and proved it's worth allowing the rear doors to be opened without removal of the bikes by simple press of button and push on rear bar. The whole rack pulls towards you on and arc allowing doors to open. very easy to fix bikes in place. Securing arm clamps ratchet round frame of bike with a rubber spacer so as not to damage bike then 2 straps round wheels onto rails which rachet down. Rack it sl locks to tow bar and securing arms lock bikes in place - 2 keys. It has 13 pin connector and 7 pin adapter. Excellent condition apart from very slight bend in bottom operating bar (someone bumped it) but it has no effect on operation. Picture show operation.

The Roofbox Shop currently has it for £439.95 (RRP £597.50) but I'm looking for £175.00. It weighs 14.5 kg so expensive for delivery so prefer local pick up near Wymondham Norfolk (2 miles off A11) 01953 605356 of text 07973442423

20230906_114433.jpg

Bike rack down.jpg

Bike rack up.jpg

Flat carrier.jpg

Unfolded.jpg

Having purchased a couple of Giant Explorer eBikes, I found sadly upon collection that our existing tow bar mounted carrier isn't suitable. Whilst the carrier is very strong and rated by Atera to take 3 bikes max 45kg or 4 bikes max 63kg (using the extension rail - not included) each of the new bikes weigh between 22.5 and 25kg so on the limit so i didn't want to take the risk of being overloaded. Whilst I know it is very strong and more than capable of taking both the bikes the rails are too close for Ebike (which are that bit wider than normal bikes). I therefore ended up having to source a new one that allowed access to the rear and after a lot of research there was only one, again made by Atera called the Genio Pro which takes 2 eBIkes up to 30kg each but is a real cracker (it tilts by nearly 85 deg with bikes on) apart from the price at £675!!!!! Thankfully when I spoke to Roofbox they had a return in stock which set me back £100 less............................so I now have this Strada DL3 for sale.

Although I've had it for around 5 years it's only been used about 8 times with 2 lightweight bikes on it and proved it's worth allowing the rear doors to be opened without removal of the bikes by simple press of button and push on rear bar. The whole rack pulls towards you on and arc allowing doors to open. very easy to fix bikes in place. Securing arm clamps ratchet round frame of bike with a rubber spacer so as not to damage bike then 2 straps round wheels onto rails which rachet down. Rack it sl locks to tow bar and securing arms lock bikes in place - 2 keys. It has 13 pin connector and 7 pin adapter. Excellent condition apart from very slight bend in bottom operating bar (someone bumped it) but it has no effect on operation. Picture show operation.

The Roofbox Shop currently has it for £439.95 (RRP £597.50) but I'm looking for £175.00. It weighs 14.5 kg so expensive for delivery so prefer local pick up near Wymondham Norfolk (2 miles off A11) 01953 605356 of text 07973442423

View attachment 115925

View attachment 115926

View attachment 115927

View attachment 115928

View attachment 115929
I think you might have more luck posting in the Accessories For Sale section.

View attachment 115925

View attachment 115926

View attachment 115927

View attachment 115928

View attachment 115929
would you post it if i pay?

I might be able to but will need to find out costs and work out how to wrap it up to avoid any damage - I'll see what I can find out
good morning have you managed to get a price for the delivery?

Sorry - no not yet and puzzling how to wrap it up with what I have got!!