Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Audio distortion

Eber123

Eber123

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Good morning,

Maybe somebody came across this. Since yesterday evening I believe I hear some distortion listing to radio music.

Have I said that, I admit I am to 95% deaf on the right ear which doesn't help.

Never the less I am convinced that there is some distortion in the radio music, it doesn't matter what channel it is and what kind of music. Also the music volume does not have any influence.

Over the weekend I will do some more testing (especially with someone with better hearing) but did you come across this before in your van? Since the last few hours we have bad weather, could it be that the radio reception could cause this? I am not 100% sure, but isn't the antenna in the wing mirror?

I don't want to check with my VW dealer (for the moment). It is understandable that he said leave the van here for a day - but this is just a hassle.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Eberhard

Good morning,

Maybe somebody came across this. Since yesterday evening I believe I hear some distortion listing to radio music.

Have I said that, I admit I am to 95% deaf on the right ear which doesn't help.

Never the less I am convinced that there is some distortion in the radio music, it doesn't matter what channel it is and what kind of music. Also the music volume does not have any influence.

Over the weekend I will do some more testing (especially with someone with better hearing) but did you come across this before in your van? Since the last few hours we have bad weather, could it be that the radio reception could cause this? I am not 100% sure, but isn't the antenna in the wing mirror?

I don't want to check with my VW dealer (for the moment). It is understandable that he said leave the van here for a day - but this is just a hassle.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Eberhard
Is it distorting from all the speakers, just one side or just one speaker? Does it distort if you play music from another source like Bluetooth or Aux in?

Hello,

I have not tested it with my phone or music from SD card, I will do this at the weekend.

I believe it comes from the right side, but I am not sure. Also when I parked the car in work this morning, switching off the engine, I checked the radio (volume) and it seems to be fine or at least better - hm?

Regards,
Eberhard

Hello,

I have not tested it with my phone or music from SD card, I will do this at the weekend.

I believe it comes from the right side, but I am not sure. Also when I parked the car in work this morning, switching off the engine, I checked the radio (volume) and it seems to be fine or at least better - hm?

Regards,
Eberhard

Hi check you sound settings to see if voice enhancement is on if so slide the bar to the left to turn it off and see if that makes any difference.

Good evening,

After dinner I had another look at the radio.

I don't have the voice enhancer, so I can rule this out. I checked music from radio and SD card. The issue is with both.

My son checked this with me. He believes that mainly the bass is distorted.

I checked all the manuals, but in none of them is a word of the speakers.

I am not even quite sure what radio model is installed . I believe the Composition Media Pq.

I was the opinion that there are 8 x speakers in the van, but I'm wrong there are only 6x = 2x in the A pillar, 2x in the door, 2x in the back.

It seems that the bass sound comes from the speakers in the door. They work, but might cause the problem.

Regards,
Eberhard

Back