Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

August Bank Holiday Weekend

Looked at campsites ages ago, made decision, forgot to book. So am now in the same position...

For the Lake District:

The C&CC site at Troutbeck still has spaces. Stupidly expensive though. Non members welcome.

The temporary NT site at Hoathwaite still has spaces, but site is basic.

You can also try the website http://www.pitchup.com/ which has an availability search. Used this last weekend to find a site and worked well. Currently showing 288 sites with spaces ;)

hth,
dan

There is a great VW show happening over the Bank Hol weekend called Viva Skeg Vegas.
as the name sugests it is close to the east coast riveria, so the traditional seaside town of skegness is easily reached, being only 40 mins from the show.

It is a laid back show in the grounds of a stately home and was superb last year.
you can pay on the gate.

I will be there in my Nat Grey Cali along with friends from the T4 / T5 forum.

Paul

This may be well known, but the Caravan Club has a late booking option where it will show all the sites in the UK, you can sort by the weekend dates. It's useful, but obviously you have to be a member to book, but not to look. I only booked the site on Monday and I don't recall there being places for that site last week, so it does change/update. The sites are excellent in my opinion and i have got the joining fee back already in the discounts it offers.

magpiecali said:
There is a great VW show happening over the Bank Hol weekend called Viva Skeg Vegas.
as the name sugests it is close to the east coast riveria, so the traditional seaside town of skegness is easily reached, being only 40 mins from the show.

It is a laid back show in the grounds of a stately home and was superb last year.
you can pay on the gate.

I will be there in my Nat Grey Cali along with friends from the T4 / T5 forum.

Paul

Looks good!.. I may well be there!

if you are going pm me and you are welcome to camp with us.