Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Price Increases

Nolan

Nolan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I just received the following email from AutoeBid who quoted me before I ordered my Beach.

Just in case anyone was about to submit an order.

Thank you for your Volkswagen California enquiry ref xxxxx.
I just wanted to let you know there is a price rise due on all VW Commercials including your requested specification for orders placed 1 November onwards.

If you would like to order before the price increase, the dealers have requested orders to be placed by 26th October to allow them to be processed in time.

Interesting - I saw that SMG have updated their website & show a Cali Beach priced ‘from £41,631 + VAT’ (49,960!) which is a significant price increase. I think orders before 26/10 are at the current price. Anyone know more ?? https://smgvwvans.co.uk/

Checked with main Vw van dealer in Bury st Ed’s and price increases are definitely happening.
He said I could order mine now but would need to take delivery within 3 weeks (which could be as early as March).

It will certainly be interesting to see the new price list to see if they are making some of the options mandatory hence a higher base price of if they are just getting dearer.

Checked with main Vw van dealer in Bury st Ed’s and price increases are definitely happening.
He said I could order mine now but would need to take delivery within 3 weeks (which could be as early as March).

Hi @gvick -- do you know what he meant by this? isn't the delay in the manufacturing ?

Interesting - I saw that SMG have updated their website & show a Cali Beach priced ‘from £41,631 + VAT’ (49,960!) which is a significant price increase. I think orders before 26/10 are at the current price. Anyone know more ?? https://smgvwvans.co.uk/

Nuts. £££. Absolute nuts. Still as ever those who already own one can sit back and smile as the golden residuals continue to only ever go one way.

Hi @gvick -- do you know what he meant by this? isn't the delay in the manufacturing ?
There is currently a delay (but it’s not the manufacture it’s the emission trusting once the vans been built. but my dealer says that once various models have been tested then delivery times will get back to normal - so eg once the 150 bhp calis start been delivered things will speed up - especially if your looking at a delivery time of next June. Hope that makes sense

I got the same message regarding VW price increase on 1st Nov from Auto e bid for a quote provided on Monday.

Out of interest, have you challenged any dealers to beat the Auto e bid quote? I'm currently going through that process.

Auto e bid is saying the first years road tax is included in the price whereas most of the dealers exclude road tax and say they can't give a road tax price, could be £2k, could be £1200 said one dealer. I presume that uncertainty is due to the emissions testing being on going? I wonder if the Auto e bid quote of included road tax is really fixed, can't see why they would swallow an £800 hit if the road tax changes between now and delivery to me.

I was advised today by my dealer that the price increase will be 1.5%, so not too bad!

Had a quote from VW dealer (via auto-ebid today), this *includes* £1240 road fund licence and £55 first registration fee.

There is a form about emissions testing and if it's significantly different (with an implication on vehicle excise duty) I am allowed to cancel the order free of charge.

Nothing about whether or not I would have to pay the extra -- but will find out & post here

I was advised today by my dealer that the price increase will be 1.5%, so not too bad!
I was advised by a dealer who has quoted me that the price increase would be 1.8%. Not that much of an increase granted, but pressuring me to buy before 1st November perhaps?...

There is a form about emissions testing and if it's significantly different (with an implication on vehicle excise duty) I am allowed to cancel the order free of charge.

That sounds good, at what point will you find out what the emissions are, do you know?

I was advised by a dealer who has quoted me that the price increase would be 1.8%. Not that much of an increase granted, but pressuring me to buy before 1st November perhaps?...

I think 1.5 + vat is 1.8, just for clarity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will certainly be interesting to see the new price list to see if they are making some of the options mandatory hence a higher base price of if they are just getting dearer.

Due to the new Wltp emission regs EVERY
Single vehicle spec needs this accreditation.
What you will see from Vw are “option packs”
Eg. Telematics pack or winter pack or lux pack etc
This allows Vw to get accreditation for maybe 6 models instead of hundreds
This is a take it or leave it situation
This applies to all vehicle manufacturers and will inevitably lead to price increasr

Due to the new Wltp emission regs EVERY
Single vehicle spec needs this accreditation.
What you will see from Vw are “option packs”
Eg. Telematics pack or winter pack or lux pack etc
This allows Vw to get accreditation for maybe 6 models instead of hundreds
This is a take it or leave it situation
This applies to all vehicle manufacturers and will inevitably lead to price increasr
During a bored moment while awaiting delivery of my T6 Beach - which took a full eleven months from order to delivery - I calculated the number of permutations of options. If I recall correctly it was in the quintillions (1.0 x 10^18 to 9.9 x 10^20).

Edit - found the calculations
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/t6-vw-california-delays.12655/page-50#post-171805

Just seen the new price list. Crikey, these things are getting pricey. No manuals on the list, a new Beach with a few essential options is the wrong side of £50K, Ocean £60K.

All Co2 emissons & new WLTP fuel test figures have been released for all passenger carrier variants sold by VWCV with the exception of caddy life/maxi life.
Very few differences - mpg changed by about 1 mpg, I don't think there has been a change in VED.

The 204 Ocean has become a 199 Ocean and has gone from 190 to 191 Co2 which annoyingly, in the UK, pushes it up one bracket and so increases the first year VED by £540!