Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buying advice using AutoeBid

Can you still buy using a PCP through Autoebid or DtD? We’re thinking of swapping our T6 (no finance) for a T6.1 on PCP. Do you just arrange that through the dealer afterwards or do you need to buy outright to use threes brokers?
Yes my DTD deal included an extra £1000 discount for taking finance - either PCP or HP. All sorted by the dealer in the week leading up to delivery.
You can choose to take the finance or not on the day you pick up, just like any other customer

I'd prefer a friendly local-dish dealer to an online offer.
I've just had a vehicle serviced today, salesman collected
it this morning, left his car in the yard, dropped it back off tonight
with a 1200€ bill. Nice.
I treated him to a roast beef sandwich.
Dijon and raw red onions, crispy baguette, real butter.

Cant get that service online.
So he charged you €1200 and a roast beef sandwich for a service? No wonder he came and picked it up.

My sister used AeB and dealt with VW Liverpool. Apart from the delivery driver (to her house in Kent) being in a rush to be dropped at the station and no handover, all went well including obtaining the VW friends and family discount that was running at the time.

Hi im trying to put an order together for a new cali ocean and came across comments on buying through a broker such as Autoebid. I have made enquiries regarding price with AutoeBid who seem to be very competitive.

I think I understand how they work and that your contact with the VW dealership only starts when you confirm you wish to purchase with Autoebid. AutoeBid then pass your details onto the dealership and they contact you for deposit payment.

Two questions:

1. Is my understanding of the process accurate.

2. Once you have paid your deposit does the dealer treat you like any other customer.

We used Autoebid as well. All went very well either with autoebid and dealer as well. Karen from autoebid was very helpful. Then she passed all our details to dealer and after I spoke to them and made the deal straight with the dealer. Communication was great. Saved us more then 5k on our Beach. My VW dealer is Listers from Worcester so if you live in Bristol you might deal with them as well. Good luck with order and be patient with waiting time.

I'd prefer a friendly local-dish dealer to an online offer.
I've just had a vehicle serviced today, salesman collected
it this morning, left his car in the yard, dropped it back off tonight
with a 1200€ bill. Nice.
I treated him to a roast beef sandwich.
Dijon and raw red onions, crispy baguette, real butter.

Cant get that service online.
Can't get that service here, not even courtesy vans or cars available due to covid preventative measures at 2 local VW garages I frequent. Not good enough, it's purely to cut costs.

Hi im trying to put an order together for a new cali ocean and came across comments on buying through a broker such as Autoebid. I have made enquiries regarding price with AutoeBid who seem to be very competitive.

I think I understand how they work and that your contact with the VW dealership only starts when you confirm you wish to purchase with Autoebid. AutoeBid then pass your details onto the dealership and they contact you for deposit payment.

Two questions:

1. Is my understanding of the process accurate.

2. Once you have paid your deposit does the dealer treat you like any other customer.
We used Autoebid this year, paid the £500 deposit and we were passed on to the dealer which was Listers Worcester. The whole experience was pain free (except for the delays due to Covid) Karen at Autoebid is very professional and kept us informed but we also communicated direct with the dealer who was excellent too. We live in the midlands so were prepared to drive to Worcester to pick it up however Listers were adamant that we have it delivered to home, which wasn’t a problem just had to organise time off work to facilitate Remember to ask the dealer about extended warranty and service plans, we didn’t take out finance but still got deals on these. In the end we saved over £6000 on our Ocean.

Another one here with Eurovans Crawley through DtD. People and process was all fine and I am more than excited to make the trip down from Yorkshire sometime in the new year. Got a bit tired with the various dealer options being offered at a price, anything from "detailing" to some sort of depreciation insurance. Had to decipher precisely what was being offered before saying no

I thought I would look at the autobid site for maybe next time, went through the list of things I wanted ,did not add lowered and side bars got a quote( top one 150 engine). And compared the deal I got with Breeze and Breeze beat them unless I've done something wrong.

And the price from Breeze include lifeshine full tank of fuel and gap insurance and a part x , t.6 cali ocean.

The only way I can see Autobid doing better is to haven given me a better price on my old Cali.

Screenshot_20211113-080609_Chrome.jpg

20211113_080731.jpg

I tried my local dealership sadly they weren’t interested in getting anywhere close to the price offered through AutoeBid.

I like the idea of buying local however there’s almost 4k difference so I will order through AutoeBid (once I’ve decided on my colour and option which is also proving difficult).
Don’t wait to long. People are saying that if you order now, you won’t see it until 2023! Yes 2023!

Was upset how quickly my salesman lost interest in me after taking my cash. He obviously isn't interested in maintaining a relationship for any future purchases. So I will go with a broker next time.
Totally agree, once they have your money never return your calls. No customer service or loyalty at all.

Don’t wait to long. People are saying that if you order now, you won’t see it until 2023! Yes 2023!
Order is now in and it looks like 2023 before delivery sadly a long wait.
I’ve found the club forum and website so helpful and will be keeping in touch with the California community.

I thought I would look at the autobid site for maybe next time, went through the list of things I wanted ,did not add lowered and side bars got a quote( top one 150 engine). And compared the deal I got with Breeze and Breeze beat them unless I've done something wrong.

And the price from Breeze include lifeshine full tank of fuel and gap insurance and a part x , t.6 cali ocean.

The only way I can see Autobid doing better is to haven given me a better price on my old Cali.

View attachment 86641

View attachment 86642
Apparently the first aid kit for £66 only includes 2 hi viz vests additional to the standard first aid kit.

Back