Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Aux heater exhaust location ?

Shaun

Shaun

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Not wanting to melt my surfboard when it's under the van I decided to start looking for the ebberspacher exhaust , I've tried running the heater and peering under the van but it's not showing itself to me lol
Can someone point me in the right direction please? :?

Yep heater has a plastic cover (must be special so doesn't melt) and is located directly beneath the side door/drivers door. The cover has a number of ventilations slots which is the giveaway.
Good luck!

calicasas said:
Yep heater has a plastic cover (must be special so doesn't melt) and is located directly beneath the side door/drivers door. The cover has a number of ventilations slots which is the giveaway.
Good luck!
Thanks , that was my assumption of the heater location as I could see the vents and hear the heater in that location, but having run the heater and put my hand over the slots in the plastic I still can't feel any exhaust heat.
Maybe the modern heaters run cool exhaust gasses similar to modern gas boilers?

What you might find is that the fan functions first before heater really kicks in.
Also the unit may have internal heat recovery (not sure) which would minimise any heat emmision. If the heat is further diffused on exhaust, then you would probably feel little or no heat exhaust.
Also if you want to check for heat output from the exhaust, turn your heater up to max.
May try this myself....