Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning doesn't retract evenly

O

orbitelevendk

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I had a leg slip out on our awning which looks to have bent the mounting bracket and done something else.

I've "coerced" the bracket back into place and tightened the bolt that goes into the oblong hole on the front inner arm bracket, but the awning still retracts more on in the rear than the front. Not sure what to "coerce" next.

It's a little strange that the arms are not even, but I can't see if/how they would have slid.

f13d6fb2984b1cb41620183e0bc75c24.jpg

077a95f8ab3a30e25db6a7395a174e97.jpg

a48e3f0601b67323ecaca43b150e047e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely that can only happen if each pair (inboard/outboard) are misaligned fore/aft?

Make sense?

Try playing with the position of the arms. Having just stripped mine, I found moving the arm made a difference but to be fair wasn’t pinching like yours looks to be.

Ended up using 3 people to wind it in super straight; 1 to wind and two to move left or right as it tracked in. So far so good but a bit concerning of it were to have happened on a trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know why the arms are not in symmetrical positions along the length of the awning rail?

If you do decide to try relocating the arms I suggest you mark the original positions. It can be a nightmare to get to get it sorted.

If you do decide to try relocating the arms I suggest you mark the original positions. It can be a nightmare to get to get it sorted.
no intention whatsoever, was just perplexed