Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning probs on VW California Beach

C

Chris Openshaw

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi All

Our awning on 2016 Cali Beach has detached itself where it has been glued on the seam by the factory. So where the join is on the seam in the last 1/5th of awning when it is fully open. The heat in Italy was the culprit. I have taken the awning off the van and it is now on the garage floor awaiting repair. Does anybody know the best glue to use? I assume a contact adhesive - Evostick or similar. Please let me know if you are an expert or have successfully made a repair yourself! Obviously any glue that doesn't melt in the heat would be good!

Hi Chris I have no experience of the seam glue used on the Thule awning

it may be an idea to drop Thule an email explaining your issue and asking
A ) if they will repair it ? (Via an agent)
B) can they advise how to repair it and if so what adhesive do they suggest

failing that there are a lot of great all weather adhesive available, a lot better than contact adhesive. (i don’t think contact Adhesive will create a permanent fix)

a proper Builders merch will have a selection and various colour all weather adhesives for various applications.

you could start by looking at Sika products there are many that would do the job.

another adhesive to consider storm sure , it take a while to cure but it’s very strong when cured. (Clear or black versions available).

Hi All

Our awning on 2016 Cali Beach has detached itself where it has been glued on the seam by the factory. So where the join is on the seam in the last 1/5th of awning when it is fully open. The heat in Italy was the culprit. I have taken the awning off the van and it is now on the garage floor awaiting repair. Does anybody know the best glue to use? I assume a contact adhesive - Evostick or similar. Please let me know if you are an expert or have successfully made a repair yourself! Obviously any glue that doesn't melt in the heat would be good!
You can replace the awning material with a non-seam replacement. Forum shop sell that item.

Looking at a well know Supplier of awnings and spare parts :
They have some adhesives

E2BD2B46-E539-42A7-9676-534ED5686EE5.png

Back