Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning. What are these for?

Trev

Trev

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
First time away in our new Cali and spotted these when the awning was extended. They weren’t our previous T6. Anyone know what they are for?E81AB80A-B4AD-40D0-9A4A-2D4BD7DE6C0F.jpeg

Those are the new Thule replacements for the square rubber pads. Stops the rattles .....
Thanks for that. Did think they might be something more interesting but stopping the rattles is a winner. Reckon we didn’t have rubber pads on our previous awning.

I saw these the other day and noticed they seem to move freely. Is there an optimum place for them?

I saw these the other day and noticed they seem to move freely. Is there an optimum place for them?
They need to be placed where the elbows of the awning come into close contact with the external cassette (internally)

They need to be placed where the elbows of the awning come into close contact with the external cassette (internally)
Can someone please post a photo of these attached as I can’t open that file on my iPhone without signing up to an apple university course!
Also where can I buy ( mine’s a 2008 T5) and the awning rattles.

Following the advice above I ordered a pair of these and fitted them before driving down to North Devon and back yesterday. I must say that the difference was amazing. No noise at all from the awning even on the windy little corrugated roads that Devon is known for. It is the best £12.50 I have spent on the Cali.
I could unfortunately now hear the other rattles from other parts of the vehicle that I couldn't hear before which I will now have to trace and resolve.

I have a spare set of these if anybody wants them and is passing....Warrington area.

The ones on new Calis don’t seem to have the bottom outwardly extending arm that the Thule ones appear to have.

Following the advice above I ordered a pair of these and fitted them before driving down to North Devon and back yesterday. I must say that the difference was amazing. No noise at all from the awning even on the windy little corrugated roads that Devon is known for. It is the best £12.50 I have spent on the Cali.
I could unfortunately now hear the other rattles from other parts of the vehicle that I couldn't hear before which I will now have to trace and resolve.
Who / where did you order yours from please ?

1566143936526.png as recommended by @EddieEagle, but mine were £12.50 for a set of 2 including postage. I rang up to order and they arrived the following day

I guess you can’t upgrade to these if you’ve got an LED strip across the back wall of the housing.

I would guess that if the awning shuts with the lights in place there should be room for them. I think the biggest thing the fitting does in making it quieter is to support the folding arms of the awning and stop them banging on the base of the awning cover when they are folded.
If you have rattles and bangs from the awning when you are driving which annoy you, I would try them. For the price you are not wasting much and someone else might buy them off you if they don't fit.
They don't stick on, just clip in, so can be easily removed.
Good luck.

Postage incl less than £9
Yet to fit and try mine so value am uncertain .....
I just checked in the Campervanbits.com shop £16.98 inc economy postage. Can that be right?

Last edited:
I just checked in the Campervanbits.com shop £16.98 inc economy postage. Can that be right?
With not a lot else to do have just gone back through online statements to find rose awnings £8.95 , june 2019
To confirm they have got rid of the rattles so pleased and pleased...