Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Back of Beyond, Ringwood 17/18 November 2023

I have booked a weekend at the Back of Beyond in November. It is a lovely, peaceful, adults only site which has a woodland dog walk, shop and bar. They have a band playing in the bar on the Saturday night and the wood burners will be lit.

All welcome to come along and they have said that they will site the Calis in the same area. If I let them know how many are likely to come they will also try and sort us out an area in the bar.

My booking is for a hard standing pitch with EHU and when you book put in the special request box that you are with the Cali Club.

Please let me know if you are able to come.
Thank you for organising @GillianC looking forward to it.

First day on site for us. A very warm welcome from the team on arrival, pitches are a decent size and relatively sheltered. We are on pitch 57, and have been told that we all the Californias will be on pitches fairly close to each other. Builders vans however have to go in the next field ;-) (sorry @Mr T) . Barney is worn out from his two walks in the woods, brilliant gated/fenced area for dogs to race around off-lead - he loved it. Bar has a great range of drinks - Guinness, Estrella, Peroni, mulled wine, lilleys cider (inc scrumpy) and cocktails - happy hour is 4-6. Bar shuts at 8 (in theory!). Chippy tea tonight from the van - fish and battered sausage were very good. Site is probably only 20% full tonight - I think they are looking forward to a busy weekend!

First day on site for us. A very warm welcome from the team on arrival, pitches are a decent size and relatively sheltered. We are on pitch 57, and have been told that we all the Californias will be on pitches fairly close to each other. Builders vans however have to go in the next field ;-) (sorry @Mr T) . Barney is worn out from his two walks in the woods, brilliant gated/fenced area for dogs to race around off-lead - he loved it. Bar has a great range of drinks - Guinness, Estrella, Peroni, mulled wine, lilleys cider (inc scrumpy) and cocktails - happy hour is 4-6. Bar shuts at 8 (in theory!). Chippy tea tonight from the van - fish and battered sausage were very good. Site is probably only 20% full tonight - I think they are looking forward to a busy weekend!
Nearly a perfect write up Matt. Thanks! ;)
PS I have a California. :cool:

Nearly a perfect write up Matt. Thanks! ;)
PS I have a California. :cool:
Thank you so much for the post @Mattsv .
Pleased to hear you’ve had a good welcome and like the site.
We should try and get the doggies together for a communal walk. That should wear them out!!!
I should be there early afternoon tomorrow so will come and say hello.
Think with the band playing on Saturday the bar should be open much later.
Can’t wait .

Threads like this make me very jealous of those with Calis.... Sounds like a fab Friday / Saturday for those attending. Wishing you a couple of warm (ish) days and cold beers!

Have an amazing time everyone! Wish I could be there it sounds brilliant, well done Gillian for organising x Couldn't manage to get the time of work sadly, hope to see you at the next meet up :)

Lovely to see the sun shining this morning.
Lots more vans coming later.

Nice turn out, looks like the weather was really kind

Thanks to everyone who came to BoB this weekend. A great turnout and a lot of fun.
Here are some photos of yesterday evening.
Hope you all have a safe journey home, I’m planning on organising a similar event in the spring so will keep you posted!

IMG_9301.jpeg

IMG_9303.jpeg

IMG_9307.jpeg

IMG_9305.jpeg

IMG_9306.jpeg

IMG_9308.jpeg

IMG_9312.jpeg

IMG_9313.jpeg

IMG_9316.jpeg

IMG_9315.jpeg

Thanks to everyone who came to BoB this weekend. A great turnout and a lot of fun.
Here are some photos of yesterday evening.
Hope you all have a safe journey home, I’m planning on organising a similar event in the spring so will keep you posted!

View attachment 116515

View attachment 116516

View attachment 116517

View attachment 116518

View attachment 116519

View attachment 116520

View attachment 116521

View attachment 116522

View attachment 116523

View attachment 116524
Thanks for organising and convincing BOB that we were all well behaved and quiet

Back