Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bathroom light - any way to dim it?

C

CrisJanVWGrand

Vehicle
Grand California 600
im a bit new to the Grand Cali but those midnight loo visits are currently accompanied by the super bright bathroom light, so waking everyone up. Is there any way to dim or switch off the light at night? Apologies if this is a dumb question….

afraid there is no way to turn off. we slip a piece of card between mirror and magnet to cover sensor which stops it coming on

afraid there is no way to turn off. we slip a piece of card between mirror and magnet to cover sensor which stops it coming on
Best think is replace the sensor with a switch.
A like bit of soldering but not hard to do.

23463C05-96D1-425F-8213-714B519C95B6.jpeg

4A545213-FF87-4064-915D-E269499F5880.jpeg

B410E943-47F9-4702-B6ED-6B41557F20D8.jpeg

Have you Got any photos of final installation? And where did you source switch ? Have you got a link to product ?

Oh my god you could pee on the floor Hammer

Sorry for the dumb question, but how do you open the light fitting?
I've had a quick look and I couldn't see an obvious 'way-in', and l have a nasty habit of breaking things like this though the application of too much force..
Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I've had a quick look and I couldn't see an obvious 'way-in', and l have a nasty habit of breaking things like this though the application of too much force..
Thanks in advance

Haven’t done it yet @simon o sullivan can you advise?

I guess the other positive from this it will stop the light coming on due to the heating in the loo

Thanks in advance

the light strips just pull out they are held in by little metal clips

We took delivery yesterday off our brand new GC600, and we have a light switch now for the bathroom, switch is under the display at the 2 seat bench. And the bathroomlight can be dimmed to with the switch
The vw dealer here in Belgium said it was the first GC delivered to their garage with the new switch mounted from factory. IMG_2103.jpeg

We took delivery yesterday off our brand new GC600, and we have a light switch now for the bathroom, switch is under the display at the 2 seat bench. And the bathroomlight can be dimmed to with the switch
The vw dealer here in Belgium said it was the first GC delivered to their garage with the new switch mounted from factory. View attachment 108374
Congratulations and lucky you, guess we will have todo with the work around.

The vw dealer here in Belgium said it was the first GC delivered to their garage with the new switch mounted from factory. View attachment 108374
Very nice! We’ve not yet seen this in the Uk yet.

Great for you guys but personally peed off as that is one of the few things that I find really annoying about our 680 during nightly loo visits!

Back