Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Battery getting flat

S

ssaini

Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
Hi All
MY battery (t5.1 Cali beach) constantly gets flat if i leave it connected for more than 2 days.
I check the drain and it's around 300 ma- i have tested pretty much all the fuses for voltage drop but nothing seems to add up. Only thing left now is the Alternator (diodes) and that can't be tested without taking it out. I am hesitant to do that unless i am fully sure.

There must be a main fuse where i can check the drop for alternator but I dont think those fuses are accessible - any thoughts would be appreciated

cheers

What age is your van?
It could be that the engine battery (I assume it is this you are concerned about) is coming to the end of its life.

My 2010 DSG Cali engine battery gave up in 2018. Eight years of constant use is pretty good in my view. However, the original leisure batteries are still going strong. Much less work for these and a shared load as well.

Alan

Thanks Alan - but thats not the case i initially though so and bought a new battery but that went to dead days after . infact rechared and put the old battery back in and works well

With a bit of luck, it is an intermittent fault that has now cleared.

Good luck.

Alan