Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Battery voltage display?

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
When ordering a multifunctional display plus I was sure it will be a big display at the top as in Ocean where the battery voltage, water level displayed and if batteries are being recharged.
Seems it is not.
So where do I see in a Beach battery condition and status?
Multifunctional display description said it will be 4 measurement tools. Though didn't say what exactly it will be measuring.

On my T5 beach there is no way to tell except to use a volt meter on a 12v socket that I got from ebay, I also have a CTEK Comfort /charge indicator to install when I can be bothered to remove the entire seat to get at the battery ( :Nailbiting ).

Not ideal really, also the only way to tell if the battery is charging is via the battery tester in my beach

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00G0HIXJ2/?tag=eliteelect-21

Last edited:
So thats the biggest difference I envy with Ocean, that they can even see current load on batteries.
Oh well it all can be added no problem. Just weird there was no option.
Will be adding separate independent battery fo solar anyway.

I did look at 3rd party amp hour capable battery monitors but they were generally £100 + and it didn't seem worth the cost.

I agree it is an odd thing to not have as an option but I believe EHU was optional before 2014? I too would like a battery read out of some kind. On the plus side less to go wrong.

Edit saying that just looked on eBay and price has dropped a lot since I looked.

Back