Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach as an everyday vehicle

Well, it depends on what you want it for. We got our Beach just over a year ago and I cannot believe how much an effect a vehicle can have on your life. It was a huge decision for us and we have not regretted it once. Our beach has been a daily driver, weekend escape van, removal van, mobile bird hide, grandparent transporter, child/univeristy transporter, hangover recovery van, work space, utility bike carrier, escape from bad weather and relaxation space. Why have a big car when this can do so much more too? We used to camp a lot anyway so we just stick our camping box in the boot and go, otherwise its a roomy space.On our first night way in pouring rain our teenage boys said it was the best weekend as family they had had in years, because we sat together and just chatted. So why not have a daily driver that can do all that too?
The only thing I would say (and I haven't had a problem yet)- is the need to check the height in carparks, otherwise it fits everywhere and drives like a normal car.

Love it.... Especially "hangover recovery van"

i have decided on a beach as an everyday vehicle am i making the right decision?
I swapped my Audi A6 for a T6 Beach last July and have no regrets whatsoever. I use the Beach for my daily commute (100miles) 2-3 times a week plus family weekend getaways, holidays, mobile office etc Relaxing to drive, fuel consumption is very reasonable given the size and weight, lots of internal space. I don't think I will ever be able to go back to driving a "normal" car. Looking back, the A6 seems absolutely pointless. I wish I had got a Beach years ago.

After a string of 4x4’s and before that (and children) sports cars & bikes I bought my Beach back in Oct ‘17. I haven’t looked back since. I love this vehicle. (I wanted an Ocean but sadly it didn’t fit my needs as well as the beach in terms of flexibility.)

It’s my daily driver, my wife has a panda 4x4 which I’ll use for school runs and nipping out locally etc. IF she’s not using it.

I love how it looks, It’s a mobile office, beach hut, warm place to wait on pick up duty, Picnic Hub etc. It’s done 3 return trips to the alps and is the best vehicle we’ve ever had for that.

I’ve not even slept in it yet but have a trip planned for June, another in August and we’re all pretty excited about that.

Am I going back to a car anytime soon? NO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i have decided on a beach as an everyday vehicle am i making the right decision?
Yes yes yes and yes. I've owned many vehicles over the years and only one came close to the Beach. That vehicle was our gorgeous SE California which we owned at the same time. We only got rid if it because we weren't able to use it as often as we had intended. These things have to be used.
Owning the two Calis side by side gave us a unique perpective on each vehicles capabilities. In the end we decided that for regular everyday use it had to be the Beach. This vehicle does everything well and you will find it an absolute joy to own. There is nothing that it won't do well including camping. So put your mind at rest and look forward to owning the best and most versatile vehicle money can buy.
Happy adventures.

Aren’t you glad you joined this forum now? ;)

Yes i have learnt so much from you friendly lot