Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach auxiliary heater switches off - a fix

podge

podge

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I had an issue where the leisure battery got almost completely depleted by accident and after that the parking heater would not work properly when in hookup or battery - but it did work when the engine was running..

It would start, but immediately switch off again with no heat coming through it. I wanted to reset the heating control panel in the beach, couldn’t find a way to do so via the 4 buttons, so hard reset by disconnecting the battery it was

The leisure battery got depleted after we didn’t realise that a hookup pillar on a refurbished CandCC site required us to engage a safety latch for power to get to the van. (We managed to run off leisure battery for 4 nights, with the heater on permanently each night without knowing it)

I disconnected power from the leisure battery - but noted that the parking heater could still be powered on, which was surprising..

I disconnected power from the main battery in engine compartment, and turns out this battery powers the heater control panel. Power cycling the heater control panel like this fixed the issue

An additional interesting finding was that the front drivers and passenger lights are actually powered off the leisure battery.

Yep - I didn’t realise it, but the lights in the front cockpit can be left on when parked up overnight without any risk of depleting the main battery..