Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach bed problem.

Y

Young

Our bed has become stuck in the bed position. Has anyone experienced this?
Thanks Dave.

Our bed has become stuck in the bed position. Has anyone experienced this?
Thanks Dave.
It has happened, not that common. Have you moved the seat forward before trying to get the back up. Occasionally can get stuck under the rear multiplex board.

Oh, and it would help to know how old the vehicle is. There are NO details under your Name/Avatar.

Try raising the back then lowering it again before pulling in the moving handle

It has happened, not that common. Have you moved the seat forward before trying to get the back up. Occasionally can get stuck under the rear multiplex board.

Oh, and it would help to know how old the vehicle is. There are NO details under your Name/Avatar.
It's a 2013 T5 Beach. I have moved the bed , there is nothing jammed I think it is in the mechanism.

Make sure the lower handle is pushed in entirely flat, and then try the upper again to flip the back up.

It's a 2013 Beach .I have tried moving the seat, have checked it is not jammed, tried repeatedly to raise the seat. I think it is in the mechanism.

It's a 2013 Beach .I have tried moving the seat, have checked it is not jammed, tried repeatedly to raise the seat. I think it is in the mechanism.
2 seat or 3 seat? They are different beds.

I would also check the drawers underneath in case anything is jamming it and anything in the boot area..

This thread recommends gently rocking whilst pulling the handle.

On that thread it was something lodged inside. I find lifting the front seat area will usually release the back, maybe try the upper handle on and off at the same time?.

It's a 2 seater. But since I last replied I have sorted it. I took out the seat, the drawer, took off the metal side panels on both sides, and could see that the mechanism was not releasing on passenger side. I then released the bed to a seat. I could then take off the plastic rear of seat and found the wire release mech. was bent . All ok now. Thanks !!!

It's a 2 seater. But since I last replied I have sorted it. I took out the seat, the drawer, took off the metal side panels on both sides, and could see that the mechanism was not releasing on passenger side. I then released the bed to a seat. I could then take off the plastic rear of seat and found the wire release mech. was bent . All ok now. Thanks !!!
Thanks for letting us know the outcome.:thumb

It took a while to find the problem but I now know how the mechanism works and how to strip the seat down .It took about 4 hours to do but know I know the system it can be done in half that time.

Back